1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Failures

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by halobendr, Mar 1, 2007.

1. halobendr

halobendr Member

Hey all I have made many 360 backups in the past without any problems. However lately any disc I burn in clone cd using .dvd and .iso file burns but is unplayable in the xbox 360. I haven't changed any settings to my knowledge except I think my Windows may have auto updated when my disc problems started. One thing I have noticed is that Clonecd is not showing a working buffer. Anyone have any clues as to what I can check to get my set up working again. Oh yeah I upgraded the fw on my dvd burner (Sony DRU 820a 1.c fw) and still no luck.

2. brifa

brifa Regular member

i just got the same problem then u...i burn many games but lately its unplayable disc all the time...should i rename my dvd file to .000 like my iso file(image.000)

3. mikeismad

mikeismad Regular member

try using xbox backup creator

4. Azrea1

Azrea1 Regular member

tis what i use, but what media are u burining 2? that could be ur problem.

5. steimy

steimy Active member

have you tried renaming the ISO fie from game.000 back to game.ISO?
    Some people change the name when stelth patching then forget to change it back. If you use IMGburn V2.1 that is not a problem.
    All you have to do is manually set the layer break to the magic number and burn away (booktyping it if that is needed or stealth patching if that is needed) depending on which 360 DVD drive you have. Xbox Backup Creator is also a great program but i have never tried burning with it, the new version that was just release has a lot of really great new features.

6. halobendr

halobendr Member

no its not like that, here is how it is. i have burnt certain games in the past and saved the files to my pc to burn later, the files integrity is fine. anyhow i tried to burn these old games because the new ones were coming up as unplayable and after burning the old games that work wonderfully the first time around the new burns do not and are also unplayable. so i am wondering what may cause this issue, it has nothing to do with .000 or .iso i have did booktype setting, all i know is one day my windows updated and now my burns dont work except for dvd movies. oh and clone cd buffer = 0%