1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup for GTA SA

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by Frank331, Oct 18, 2004.

1. Frank331

Frank331 Guest

I've already pre-ordered GTA SA and can't wait it's arrival but I'm worried about not being able to backup this game. I live in a collge house where everything gets broken all the time, and would hate to have this game break. I was wondering if any one had a dual-layer burner that would be able to help me out if I sent you a blank dvd.
    Thanks

2. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i have a dual layer... but i believe GTA:SA is DVD5, as i am downloading it now... (2.6G), plus i already have it pre-ordered as well

3. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Spunk i read and i see more bout it being DVD9, but some say it may be DVD5, i kina get confused, but im leaning to DVD9, but once you extract it it could be larger, like i dl Def Jam before i extractd it was 2gb, after i extractd the iso turnd to 4.6gb, so theres a chance GTA SA will go even larger, but let us know what happends man!

4. DurandalX

DurandalX Guest

5. Astrotoy7

Astrotoy7 Regular member

GTA SA is a DVD9 game ! Even if you have a dual layered burner, making backups has proven problematic as some ps2 versions arent reading the dvd9 discs :(

I'd keep my eyes peeled on these and other forums til its further figured out!

6. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i downloaded it and it burns to a single DVD... plays fine as well, just a lil slow on the load

7. Ferny84

Ferny84 Member

Ok guys, I just burnt the game on some Ritek DVD -Rs but the game loads really slow, do you think Sony DVD-Rs would be any better?

Thanks.

8. hiredgoon

hiredgoon Regular member

No,the game in general loads super slow. I have the real copy of gta 3 and vice city , and its a pain in the ass to sit there for a few min while it loads.

although SA is not as bad its still has the long loads.

9. petertok

petertok Member

can iso images be burned successfully via networked computers.
    because i have a notebook computer with lots of harddrive space but i have the burner on another computer.

10. arya6000

arya6000 Guest

How is the game? and were did you download it from?

11. chozunone

chozunone Member

Anyone try it with HDLoader? Does it work?

12. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

Suprnova.org has it, but you need a bit torrent client to dl the game, i suggest Azureus, thats what i use, good program

Last edited: Oct 21, 2004
  13. November

November Member

How would you add a game where you downloaded a backup from BT or someplace else?

14. robertkre

robertkre Guest

Anyone have some tips on how to get it GTA SA to burn. I tried burning it the same way I have burned all of the backups I have. They have all worked. I use alcohol 120. I have a fliptop with swapmagic... anyone have some tips on what to do? I tried it twice and it won't boot. :(

Thanks
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]PS2,Flip-top, 100GB Western Digital HD...[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  15. November

November Member

People have said it doesn't have any peds or anything of the sort. If you downloaded the Parnoid one, does it have peds?

16. Spunks3

Spunks3 Regular member

i used DVD Decrypter to burn at 1x (flip top/swap magic)

17. robertkre

robertkre Guest

My alcohol 120 must be screwed up, I tried it with nero and it worked kinda. First time I tried it with nero I didnt think it would work and set it to 5X and was messing around with my computer, it booted up slowly and the intro was so slow you couldnt tell what kinda music was in the background and the intro/credits was almost a stand still stop. I burned another DVD with Nero at 2.4X, the slowest speed. And it boots better, but wont go into the game, the music skips in the intro credits, but if I press X it will stop the credit and show a GTA San Andreas Title screen, then go to black. It sat there for a few minutes and I gave up. I will try with DVD Decryptor, 1X.

18. robertkre

robertkre Guest

Spunk... Does yours take a while to go from swapmagic to game... Mine takes a few seconds to turn blue, then a little longer to boot the game up.

Also does the music playing during the intro credits skip? I am trying dvd decryptor right now, I seleted 1X, but it is burning at 2.5X. I don't know what that is about.

I'm frustrated, Alcohol 120 has always worked for me. I;ve never had any problems, now it is just burning non functioning DVDs.

19. paragan

paragan Guest

I just have to state this is a GREAT site. I have been coming to this site for a long while. I learned how to back up dvd's, and ps2 games from this site. This site does own. It's pure ownage.

Ok, I have aquired a copy of GTA5 as well, Mine plays great, I used Nero to burn it at 4x because my PS2 won't play any games that's burnt under 4x. I found that out quickly. EVERY game I tried to burn at a lower speed it didn't work.

I burnt GTA5 at 4x on Verbatum DVD-R's. and it plays flawless.

I have Transformers and it wouldn't play that great, It hesitated and all that, and it was burnt with Sony dvd-rs, So now the Verbatum dvd-rs are much better if you want my opinion.

Here are the disks I used http://www.audioholics.com/productreviews/avhardware/VerbatimDigitalMovieDVD-Rs.php
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]www.freewebs.com/deepfriednugget[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2004
  20. robertkre

robertkre Guest

Wow... I'm gonna have to try burning it at like 4X instead of 2.5X and see what happens. Thanks for the heads up.