1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup from bad CD

Discussion in 'PS2' started by GlennT, Oct 26, 2003.

1. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

just wondering.........i got this game Dance STage Mega Mix for PS2........it's cd based, so i should be able to just copy it 1:1 onto cd-r.........but when i try to make an image of the disk, it can't read the disk at exactly 74% and afterwards.

anyone else have this problem.

also, i think it might be because of a scratch on it.........anyone know how to make copies of scratched games????

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i made a 1:1 backup of dancing stage mega mix to cdr with clone cd without any problems so i guess the scratch is your problem see if you can polish it out with a cd repair kit or some other substance. try cleaning the disk with with spray polish if the scratch isnt to bad sometimes it works

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i tried every cleaning thing i have, including this little thing where you spray the cd, put it in the "contraption" and wind it round so it cleans the disc.....

but still no luck.....

i don't think it can be IMPORTANT stuff on the scratched parts, cos the actual game works fine, but i just can't back it up, and it's bugging me.........

anyone know a program that will just copy it regaurdless of whether or not it can read certain parts...........i tried blindwrite, but it wouldn't write with my cd-r drive, it would only read data :(

any help much appreciated :)

-x-x-x-

4. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i have never used blind write but could you not make your image file with that program and then burn it to disc with another program that works with your cdr drive

5. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Tried that, but for some reason, blindwrite is reading the cd to a number of different files, so they can't be read correctly by other burning programs

6. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i know in nero 5.5 you can tell it on cd copy under the read options tab to continue copying with unreadable data but i have never tried this option so dont know how succesful it would be

7. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i got nero 6 ultra, so i assume that this later version has the same option?

well, since it's only cd-r, i'll try that, it doesn't matter too much if it doesn't work :)

8. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

good luck hope it works

9. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Nope, still no luck.........nero had no option to just keep burning..........i got clone cd finally to "copy disc", but it still won't boot.

you know the kind "loading dots", they arew little white dots that flash accross the screen for a second when the game starts up.........well, my backup JUST has those FOREVER AND EVER.......it gets to the dots, then just keeps flashing them across the screen while the cd spinns and spinns forever.

any idea what i'm doing wrong?

10. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

by the way i am using flip top and cogswap loader

11. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

do you have clony xxl its a great little program that sets up clone cd to copy protected discs i used it when i did my backup with clone cd and it detected libcrypt(think thats how you spell it)copy protection. and i use flip lid and swap magic to boot it

Last edited: Oct 31, 2003
  12. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

hmmmmmm, i just got that program, and YES it detected Libcrypt protection..........but how do i setup clonecd to work with this program??

i tried just adding clonecd as one of the "tools" but it said something aboiut being unable to send information to the program, and something about using "profiler"..........ah!!!!!!!!!

what do i do now????

13. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

launch clony xxl scan cd then from the butons on the right side click start clone cd all the settings are automaticly sent to clone when clone launches select cd copy then your reader then silgle cilck cloney xxl icon on left then next then only select deleteafter succesful write then next then select writer and next then wait for clone cd to do its job

14. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

we must have different clony xxl's cos mine has no "start clone cd" button.........where did you get yours from?

15. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

well, i just got another version of clonyxxl.......and it has the start clone cd button........but it still says "failed to read sectors xxxx", etc.......

so i'm burning the image now.......maybe it'll work, but i doubt it.