1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Game with NTSC/PAL selection at start won't accept cheats...

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by drinian, Aug 9, 2007.

1. drinian

drinian Member

I have a backup of Xenosaga that has a video selection feature at the very beginning. I'm using swap magic 3.8 Coder to load it up, and want to use the codes, but they will not work. I don't think this is because the game is compressed (memory adresses wouldn't change, would they?)

I think the problem is the NTSC/PAL switcher. Whenever I select NTSC it's as if it's doing a soft-reset of the system (which as most people who use cheat codes know, removes the cheat codes from the memory.)

What I want to know is if there's any way I can modify the disk so that it automatically goes into NTSC mode (therefore not removing the cheats from the memory.) Is there a file I can add or delete on the disk and make a new disk? Or is there some other work-around?

2. qasim1991

qasim1991 Regular member

that would be some advanced stuff because you would have to tinker with the programming or try and find a patch for this but i doubt your chances though...