1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup games freezing while using mod chip please help?

Discussion in 'PS2' started by jmilla, Oct 22, 2003.

1. jmilla

jmilla Guest

im using no solder mod chip with swap disk 2.0 and my backups are freezing while playing the games.i am using fujifilm dvd-r media.has anyone ever ran into this problem if so please help?

2. psx245

psx245 Regular member

try clean your lasers!!!
    what version ps2 do you got?

3. GlennT

GlennT Regular member

Which parts are freezing.........if you mean that the whole game is freezing when you are "in game", then that's quite odd...........but if the sound is freezing "in game" or the "video" sections are freezing, then this is most probably a bad media issue..........i backed up enter the matrix, and the sound was skipping like mad, so it was unusable...and the video's were all freezing, so i had to just skip them as soon as they started to prevent the whole PS2 from freezing up........but then i re-burned onto a different media and now it works fine :)

-x-x-x-

4. jmilla

jmilla Guest

i have version 4 ps2

5. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

v4 as in scph-30004? if thats the case then try cleaning the lens... 30004 have this thing with brakble lenses... it isnt affected to the other models only with 30004... in the end the ps2 stops reading the medias and stops spining but thats another story...

heres the problems how many backups are "freezing"?
    1)2 out of 10?
    2)all of them?
    3)just specific ones?

solutions..
    1) probably bad burn try a diffrent media
    2) lens problem either clean or send it to lab for a check up
    3)some games will not work on some ps2's.. we call them buggy games.. they full of bugs even if they final(heres exsamples.."getaway""gta3")

"the getaway" has loading problems with some ps2's models... i had the 30004 and the ps2 had bad times loading the game... and the game even crash on me from time to time... happens with the backup and the original...

in "gta3" it has some reading errors acuring in the game... it's quite rare but it can be noticed by a small note and a freeze saying... "unable to read disk" on the bottom of the screen...

conclusion...

try diffrent burning tools such as nero alchol 120% primodvd

if that dont help try diffrent medias i recomend ritek G03 and G04 and pionner 2x dvd-r
    also try diffrent burning speeds...

the last thing you should try is cleaning the lens...

the last solution if the others dont work go to a lab and let them check it... it might be overheating problem... who knows... but this is the last resort if nothing helps...

hope this helps you dude ^_^