1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Games Loading is EXTREMELY SLOW

Discussion in 'PS2' started by mastaprk, Jan 26, 2004.

1. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

Having extremely slow load times for backup PS2 games. I am using Nero 6 to burn on Piodata 4X DVD-R white discs, PS2 driver 1.1, and Swap Magic DVD Version 2.0. The sound doesn't play during NFL Street and doesn't work too great for Need for Speed Underground and the load time is ridiculously slow. I was under the impression that the backup games work just like the originals. I have heard that the laser or media could be the problem. I have tried to clean the laser w/ a disc cleaner, but this doesn't change the loading time. The PS2 I have will only play the Piodata DVD-R white DVD's (I have tried Memorex 4X DVD+/- and Piodata DVD-R silver discs for DVD's and none work). What is the most compatible format + or - and what is the most reliable media? Please let me know of any ideas or suggestions.

2. WEStar

WEStar Active member

lets see here
    1)I've heard piodata aren't that good. Everyone seems to love ritek media.
    2)If you have an older PS2 then use dvd-r, newer ones can read both.
    3)If you're burning at 4X bad mistake (specially with not so good media)... use slower speed... try 1X see if that solves the problem.
    4)Backups work like the originals but, they will never be as good as the originals.

3. mastaprk

mastaprk Regular member

I tried at 1X and it has improved the load time. Also, is there a specific Ritek to use? I have found the Ritek (Ridata) Silver top and the White top.

4. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Slow load up times can sometime be a sign of your larer becoming worn out.

I was warned that by modifying my playstation 2, the laser would eventually wear out and need to be replaced.

Try to get as Dark a DVD-R disc as possible too

Purple coloured bottom disks is a tip i hear alot about regarding use.

Try Bulkpaq as a brand too

Good luck

5. hm1

hm1 Regular member

Alcohol 120% is the software to use

It is first class

Copy on the fly

good luck

6. jay33

jay33 Regular member

I would be willing to bet it's the media you are using. I had the sam eproblems with some cheap-o LONGTEN DVD-r's I got off shop4tech.com, which I wouldn't recommend buying from.

7. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

try using discjuggler and burn at 1x. I foud I get much better load times than with other programs