1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup games on the hard drive

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by tsanford, Apr 27, 2007.

1. tsanford

tsanford Member

I have done a lot of reading about the xbox 360 because I do not have one yet. I ordered an xbox 360 elite yesterday, and it should come in Monday or Tuesday. I am used to my modded xbox where you can play all the games from the hard drive or play burned games.

I already read about flashing the firmware, and I don't think i would want to do that. But my friend who owns an xbox 360 says you can play games off the hard drive with no DVDs? Is this true?

If it is true, is it possible for me to get my games(from wherever) and put them on my xbox's hard drive? and play right from there. I hate burning all these DVDs. I know its possible to use a program on the PC to view whats in your xbox 360's hard drive. can i just put games that i got onto the hard drive and play?

That's my main question that I have and it will help me figure out if I can do just that, or if i have to flash my firmware.

Thanks for anyone who bothers to read this, and I'm looking forward to some of your responses!

Tyler

2. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

sorry but there is no way to play games off the hard drive right now.

3. tsanford

tsanford Member

ok if i flash the games, will my burned xbox games that i already have burned work? the ones that i made the iso with QWIX and then burned it. Will they work in the 360 with hacked firmware, or do i have to reburn all my games?

4. krj15489

krj15489 Regular member

i think they should work if they are backward compatable games. i can play my burned splinter cell on mine

5. tsanford

tsanford Member

ok, that all i wanted to know.