1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup games

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by XNikoX, Mar 13, 2005.

1. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Go to freewebs.com/ps2backups they sell backups that work for cheap.

2. hursty

hursty Active member

ha,that site is rubbish and illegal
    and they are not cheap

3. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

Are you sayingthat 6.00 is not cheap .HAHA. man how much do you want to pay 2.00?

4. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

You shouldn't be buying back ups from websites anyway. section b of the copyright law for computer programs state: (b) Lease, Sale, or Other Transfer of Additional Copy or Adaptation.— Any exact copies prepared in accordance with the provisions of this section may be leased, sold, or otherwise transferred, along with the copy from which such copies were prepared, only as part of the lease, sale, or other transfer of all rights in the program. Adaptations so prepared may be transferred only with the authorization of the copyright owner.
    Which simply put means that unless they provide you with the original program (in this case the original ps2 disc) with your backup order, then what they are doing is illegal. I have a feeling that this is your website, because this isn't the first time I have seen you post this. Which is funny because I got that quote right from there. And Hursty you are right, they are not cheap. I can get a Blockbuster game pass and rent two games a day and back them all up. Lets do some math, gamepass costs $20 plus maybe $30 for the blank DVD's and $10 in gas driving back and forth to Blockbuster. That's $60 dollars, divide that by 60 games, and you got about $1 per game. So I would never pay more than $1 for a backup. If you are having a problem backing up something, you can figure it out here before those backups will ever be shipped to you. The site also states that they provide a service for those who can't make them themselves. If you can afford $500 for a PC and $10 a month for internet service and you really wanna back up your games the cheap way listed above, you'll spend $60 for a DVD burner and do it yourself. I am just curious as to how many people have actually ordered from you?

5. XNikoX

XNikoX Guest

First of all it is not my site. I order 4 games from them and they worked fine. So im letting people know a good place of where they can but backups. That all.

6. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

Godd lie man, I just sent you an e-mail that I got from the site, and you replied back, unless your name is not niko...

"From: "Niko Treska" <Nt3390@msn.com> Add to Address BookAdd to Address Book
    To: "Dan Booke" <>
    Subject: Re: PS2 Backups
    Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 18:35:27 -0800
    You have to read the whole parpgraph. I sell these copies to people who already have the real game but cant make the copy because they don’t have a dvd burner.

----- Original Message -----
    To: NT3390@msn.com
    Sent: Sunday, March 13, 2005 3:27 PM
    Subject: PS2 Backups

I don't mean to be rude or anything, but on your
    homepage at the bottom where it states: to learn more
    click here... If you click it and actually read
    it-quoting-
    (b) Lease, Sale, or Other Transfer of Additional Copy
    or Adaptation.- Any exact copies prepared in
    accordance with the provisions of this section may be
    leased, sold, or otherwise transferred, along with the
    copy from which such copies were prepared, only as
    part of the lease, sale, or other transfer of all
    rights in the program. Adaptations so prepared may be
    transferred only with the authorization of the
    copyright owner.
    Simply put, you can only sell these backup copies,
    only if you provide the original, which I do not think
    that you are doing. Just thought you might like to
    know that before you get busted
    -Dan

7. danbooke

danbooke Regular member

You are so busted dude. Oh, and read this line again:

"Any exact copies prepared in
    accordance with the provisions of this section may be
    leased, sold, or otherwise transferred, along with the
    copy from which such copies were prepared"

Do you not see that "along with" part? It doesn't matter if they already own the game, if you are sellng a backup you MUST provide the original that you used to make the copy with.