1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup help please?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by phuqit, Nov 22, 2011.

1. phuqit

phuqit Member

I just bought space marines & nfs the run. I make it a point of backing up my games, before my 3 year old gets his little hands on them (yeah, i know, lock em, up, put em up high..this kid is a master of getting into my stuff!) anyways, besides knowing already i will need to get my box reflashed to 2.0 when it comes out, my dinky kreon drive i bought years ago will not even read the discs thru xbox backup creator. is there an update for my drive, or do i need something else? still seems worth it to do, since i've already lost 4-5 games to the lil madman..lol.

My kreon drive is a tsst sh-d162d, running kreon 1.00.

Thanks!

2. BillB

BillB Regular member

In order to properly backup your new games now, you'll need an official 360 drive (samsung or benq flashed with 0800 v3). The kreon drive is incapable of ripping proper ssv2 and is obsolete. It's recommended to get a connectivity kit to power your 360 backup drive.

Search the forum for Burnermax firmware. You'll find a drive (Lite-on iHAS) on newegg for under $20. It's the only burner series capable of burning the extra data (except for a few models that can be flashed with the burnermax firmware).