1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by skyline, Jul 31, 2007.

1. skyline

skyline Regular member

ok i have a few questions(also i posted this in one of the sticky's but no one answered)

1. if i have a flashed 360 with ixtreme firmware how would i burn a game so that it would be stealth patched, is there a specific way?

2.if i have the original game and would like to make a backup, how would i do it without a Kreon drive?

3.what the heck is bitsetting and does this drive do it,http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106055 ?

4.all i have is that dvd drive (see question 3), and my xbox 360 can i even think about doing this?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

1. if i have a flashed 360 with ixtreme firmware how would i burn a game so that it would be stealth patched, is there a specific way?
    Best method is to buy a Samsung SH-D162C DVD-Rom drive flashed with Kreon firmware. This will back up an original disc using Xbox Backup Creator and all files made will be stealth and play on any firmware.

2.if i have the original game and would like to make a backup, how would i do it without a Kreon drive?
    The method is a lot harder and not worth the $50 you would spend on the drive.

3.what the heck is bitsetting and does this drive do it,http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16827106055 ?
    That is a whole page of drives so you would have to check with the manufacturer. Bitsetting (aka Booktyping) is when a burner will change the format in which the image is burned. In most cases from a DVD+R or DVD+R DL into a DVD-Rom. DVD-Rom is the format of an original disc and booktyping to that will make your back ups more compatible with more drives then not doing it. If your 360 has a Hitachi DVD drive you MUST do this to all back ups. I reccomend that anyone who has a burner that can booktype, do it.
    Drives that i know can do it are any BenQ drive that says it can use Qsuite 2.0 like this one:
    http://www.meritline.com/benq-1670-16x-dvd-burner-with-free-nero-software.html

4.all i have is that dvd drive (see question 3), and my xbox 360 can i even think about doing this? Sure it can be done, but it all depends on which firmware you are running, what drive is in your 360 and how hard you feel like working at it if you do not feel like buying the Samsung drive i mentioned above

3. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

4. skyline

skyline Regular member

thank you guys, but is it possible to burn it without the kreon drive, becasue i a mtight on money and i already have this lite on so i cant buy another one, please can someone give me step by step instructions on how to make a backup from an original disc, and please dont give me a link to the site that doesnt have any pictures or isnt clear. thanks

5. skyline

skyline Regular member

6. ha9981

ha9981 Regular member

google it with booktype and you will find out whether your burner does set it or not!

7. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member