1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup help

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by Turk73, May 21, 2013.

1. Turk73

Turk73 Member

Hi Guys, I only recently started using my xbox again after about 3 years (we had a baby) and I feel like I am brand new to everything.....

I flashed my old benq drive with iXtreme 1.4 (as far as I can remember) and I have some burned games that are working fine (GTA4, battlefield bad company, COD3).

Yesterday I burned Dead Island riptide and the walking dead isolation but when I put the disks in I get 'play DVD'..... The dead island is wave 2 (iMars non wave 3 layer break release). Im using the same verbatim DL disks as before, same burner, same sw.....

After a bit of research I was bombarded with wave 3/4, activate.iso, wave patching, iXtreme 1.6 etc etc. Im not sure what to do....

I read if I upgrade to iXtreme 1.6 my old games wont work, activate.iso will work with 1.4 but I read elsewhere it wont. I read about wave patching the games too, I have a fairly old dashboard and read that if I upgrade the newer one will flash my drive to stock..... Im very confused.....

The console is banned so Im not worried about online play, I just want to get the games working so any advice is much appreciated. If I can get away without reflashing the drive Id be very happy.

2. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

What drive is in your Xbox?

3. Turk73

Turk73 Member

Hiya, its a BenQ drive

4. Eisherz

Eisherz Active member

You need LT 3.0 on it, also you need to patch the game isos with ABGX with the missing topology data.

5. Turk73

Turk73 Member

Thanks for your help Eisherz.... much appreciated, two more questions....

Will I be able to play my old games with LT 3.0?
    Do I have to upgrade to the latest dash? my current dash is 2.0.8955.0 (2009), Ill have to burn a new dash to disk as Im banned from live.....