1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Here Comes The Pain!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by timomwe, May 12, 2007.

1. timomwe

timomwe Guest

Hi guys,
    I have a slimline PS2, unmodded and I don't have Swap Magic, I just blocked the sensors. Now, I was looking all over the web for some useful softmod info, but nothing special, Then I thought of making a boot disc or swapping discs. The second one worked just fine. I was playing the original WWE SmackDown! Here Comes the Pain! and after the "Load succesful" screen at Brock's ugly ass mug screen I swapped it with HCTP! backup. It works just fine, i've done a whole lot of matches and playing season mode right now. How is this possible? My PS2 is not modded, so how does it read a backup just fine? I'm gonna try and play some more backups with this method (maybe I don't need no SM)

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Maybe you bought by mistake a premodded ps2 or maybe that boot disk did something to your PS2... o_O

3. Z3120

Z3120 Regular member

Are you doing this while the disk is spinning AND your laser is trying to read the disk? If so, it's quite dangerous to swap while the disc is spinning and looking directly at the laser while it's running can hamper and endanger your eyesight. If not, then I dunno what else to say. It is however not impossible to do. Some people have resorted to a similar method you are using to swap discs at the browser screen on their slim PS2s to play their PSX backups on their PS2s with no modification whatsoever.

4. timomwe

timomwe Guest

No, I have a unmodded PS2, but with the sensors blocked so it doesn't know when the lid is open.
    I swap the game right after the PlayStation 2 screen, but to play a backup, I must have the original disc. Too bad, huh? :D
    Anyways, I found it odd, so I turned here for advice, maybe I could do something useful with this little..."bug"