1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup of gta san andreas

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by L84AD8, Nov 9, 2004.

1. L84AD8

L84AD8 Member

i also burnt gta san andreas using dvd decrypter and i put it on a dvd+r disc and it all works perfectly on my neighboors chip until it gets to the screen where its got a picture of the front cover and then it freezes forever . SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME.

2. techville

techville Member

My burn copy of gta san andreas as errors on the burn also, although and ps2 will eventually read the disc
    after about 2 minutes. And in between missions the games
    freezes up also

I was told that if I re-burn the game at 1x that the error meassages would stop. I am using maxwell dvd+r
    I have notice that your brand of media is an important
    step to a successful backup.
    try maxwell dvd+r for san andreas .
    and what type brand disc are you using

3. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

gta san andreas works for me using Ridata dvd-r. i used dvd decrypter to create and burn the image at 2x. i also use swap magic dvd 2.0 with flip top. hopes that help.

4. L84AD8

L84AD8 Member

I used dvd decrypter but at about 6x do i have to burn it slowly?. And i am using USER 4x dvd+r's are they any good?

5. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yes thats way too fast burn at 2x

6. Hack123

Hack123 Member

Why does the speed matter....

7. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

The slower you burn the less chance you have of getting errors or bad sectors on the disc.

Last edited: Nov 11, 2004
  8. L84AD8

L84AD8 Member

wat if i use nero and go to exact copy and burn at about 2x will that work.

9. wookie356

wookie356 Guest

don't use dvd+r. dvd decrypter is all that you need. just burned it at no faster than 2x. i have never had any problems backing up ps2 games with this method. this is one of the best dvd program for non-dual layer dvd. there are other ways to make backup but this is what worked for me. USE DVD-R!

10. L84AD8

L84AD8 Member

wat is the difference between dvd=r and dvd-r. Don't they both do the same thing.

11. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Some ps2s cant read dvd+r at all. If you use dvd-r there is less stress on the laser so games should load quicker.

12. Boobhead

Boobhead Member

Bullshit. ^ I use DVD+R burned at 4x with Alchohol 120% and have NO problems what so ever playing it. Who told you DVD-R puts less stress on the laser??? Is that a fact? Because It isnt. Wether you see it or not, there are many of people who can't play DVD-R on theyre PS2. Did you know that? Or were you to busy reading forum post to come up with a own judgement by yourself?;

AND ozzy, if you were fusking smart you would know that DVD+R doesn't burn at 2x, and that i've found by ACTUALLY TESTING and not being sheep that it works at 4x (Its recommended speed) alot better then 2.4x with DVD+R the slower the better is not always the case.

Thanks.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2004
  13. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Since this is your fourth ever post. Heres some tips.
    Early version ps2s can not read dvd+r media i never said all of them can't.
    I have a pack of tdk 2x dvd+r media sitting in front of me so you can burn dvd+r at 2x.
    4x is not he recommended speed it is the maximium speed.
    Dont insult people and use foul language on this sight.
    Thankyou.

14. slicks85

slicks85 Guest

whats the best media to burn games? i've hered ritek is good?

15. ozzy1

ozzy1 Regular member

Yes most people think ritek is good. Get the 4x version though.

16. amanda1

amanda1 Guest

hi do you have to have the ps2 chipped to play back up discs ..or can you get something to put in the ps2
    to play the disks
    ps to the person using the f. word please dont i have chilren that use this site and stop acting like a muppet
    thanks

17. cuteperv

cuteperv Regular member

The only good media out there is the1 every1 talks about. Every thread they always recommend ritek, I thought it was overated but when itried it, it works greater than i thought it would. I had some thought on maxwell since office depot has a sale on it for half price, but no1 would say it's good or at least not every1 recommend it.
    2nd try to stay on the safe side of the burning process by burning at 1x speed. This increases compatibility with other devices (not only urs but might b others too), and less errors.
    They always say burning at 1x speed is overated and it is only concerned with media. But I say the slower the speed, the more compatiblitily. Hope this help.
    Oh ya don't use DVD+R since dvd-r already has tons of problems with tons of dvd players n stuff.

18. teggy

teggy Regular member

Amanda rocks. And yes v1-6 PS2's may read DVD+R adn some may not, it's just the luck of the draw. And yes DVD-R's are better. Proven to be better by the fact that people prefer them over +r's and that ppl have posted problems on this site that have changed with the use of -r's. Also notice there are no CD+R's in circulation meaning that -r dvd's where out first. Why do you think many home dvd players dnt read +R, as it is only over the last year or so that ppl are using them, as they buy philips recorders which only record to the + type. And to make the point that 1-6 might not read +r, well mine is a 5/6 and it doesnt read +r.

TBH there is no point coming on here with ur language, as noone is gonna go, aw mate your mad... if you get what i'm saying like.(that last sentence from aw mate.. was nasty, if you don't get it then don't slabber) What difference does it make, all you needed to say was I got +R's working on my machine. Obviously they don't work on these ppl's machines, and if you noticed on this forum it has been said plenty that v1-6 have trouble with them.

19. teggy

teggy Regular member

May I also Recommend optodiscr04 and tdk ttgo2 media. I always burn at 2x as my media doesnt do 1x >.<. But only got one coaster and a 2nd burn at same settings fixed it :) All on -R.

20. sungard

sungard Member

you know i use stomp recordnow max as my burning software for PS2 games and have had very minimal problems i would recomend that if you having some problems i used it and got a perfect copy of GTASA