1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup only plays on computer

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brad75, Mar 2, 2005.

1. brad75

brad75 Member

When I burn a backup copy of a movie (using DVD X Copy Platinum) or even some other burning programs the copied version only plays on my computer DVD player...not on our actual DVD player hooked up to our TV. Can anyone think of why? It has only worked one time (when using "One CLick DVD).
    Thanks!

2. brad75

brad75 Member

My wife just told me the only copy that we actually did get to work on our DVD player hooked up to the TV wasn't encrypted to begin with. Maybe that will help shed light on our problem...I don't know.

3. Kevinhhh

Kevinhhh Guest

brad did u try dvd shrink, u can download it on this site it works every time for me never had problems.

4. scf_au

scf_au Regular member

Dear brad75,
    If your burnt copies can play on the pc, the burning has been successful, encrypted or not. Despite that, many people have experienced problems playing copies on standalone players. This is mainly due to compatibility problems. To summarize:
    1) media problem (changing the media might help)
    2) format problem (check the manual to see whether the type of media used +/-R, RW is supported)
    3) hardware problem (some older dvd models might be less flexible in playing pc burnt copies)
    4) software problem (sometimes changing the burning software might help).
    You may want to experiment a little more yourself to see if the problem can be fixed.
    Good luck!

Last edited: Mar 2, 2005
  5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

What media are you using? Brand/Type
    What type of DVD Writer? Brand/Model
    What type of DVD Player? Brand/Model