1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup PC game with Alcohol 120%

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by jeesh, Jan 10, 2005.

1. travalon

travalon Regular member

I am trying to create an image of Theif Deadly shadows I can mount and play. The protection is
    securerom 5.03.04.0034 according to A-Ray. I have tried Games X Copy (which was doing well untill now)and a Alcohol 120 (set to securerom 4.x 5.x) a couple of times. I can use the images to load the game but every time I try to play I get a message "conflict with disc emulator software detected". I thought I was making a 1:1 copy without any emulation but now, I'm not too sure. I have searched the forums but was un-able to find a solution. I appreciate any help any one could offer. After writing this I decided to try burning the image to disc. Once done, before even booting the game, the drive I loaded it into says "Emulation needed". Up-on booting, I get an error message "could not find T3.exe". So now what do I do? Thanks. Ok, 15 hrs. later, 1 sunrise and 2 pots of coffee, and all I came up with is a new question. Why do I only get the default image file ".mds" option in alcohol?

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  2. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

BlindWrite5/BW5Tweaker are just the ticket for SecuROM so you may want to give them a shot. Here's a thread that'll give you the skinny on the settings:

http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/157664

Go ahead and post back to this thread if you need more help :)

3. Nephilim

What make/model drive are you using?

4. travalon

travalon Regular member

Nephilim, thank you for your response. I am using a lite-on 1633s dual layer burner, and just recently got a hold of a bwabuilder as well as a bwa editor.

5. travalon

travalon Regular member

Hey, I now have a new Verbatim coaster. It took longer to read but still asked me to "insert the original disc not a back up". I saved the image file. Do I need to run the bwa builder now? Was fun though.

6. Nephilim

You can certainly give BWA Builder a shot or you can download a premade BWA file. The premade files are usually of very high quality and work well. Here's a link to one example for your game:

http://www.makeabackup.com/downfile228

Once you make your own or download one you can use the Browse button under the Topology tab in BW5 Tweaker to select and use it :)

Last edited: Feb 11, 2005
  7. travalon

travalon Regular member

Thanks Nephilim, I used one of Shoey's guides and now have a working back up of thief 3. However, If I take the image I burned (which is still on my hd)and mount it, I get the "Conflict with disc emulator software detected". Since there's no punctuation I'm not sure how to approach the problem. What is it detecting exactly? I am half way to my goal of an Image to play by. Also, I had to use clone cd to make a ccd image. I read in a thread that Alch.120 should be able to do that. I only get the default Alch. image. How do I correct that. Once again, Thank you.

8. Nephilim

The error you're getting is caused by SecuROM not being happy with some of the software on your system. I'd uninstall CloneCD and disable Nero's Image Drive first since they're the most likely culprits. If that doesn't help I'd disable any Alcohol virtual drives and a last resort would be to uninstall Daemon Tools.

I believe you misunderstood the thread you're referring to. Alcohol 120% can recognize and use many different image formats but will only create mds/mdf images. It's not a big deal since the other formats are basically the same in practice with the only advantage being the ability of the specific software that made them and not the format itself. The difference between them is the fact that they're just the native format of the application that made them. CloneCD makes ccd, Alcohol makes mds and BlindWrite makes bwa.

9. travalon

travalon Regular member

Ahhhh... I see. Thanks a lot. And I apologize for the multiposting. I'm still learning how these threads work. It's kinda hard to navigate through them sometimes. Also it would be nice to direct someone to a thread through the hyper-links. Is this some thing I can do? I've found lots of answers to other peoples questions.

10. Nephilim

No worries. Use all the hyperlinks you want :)

11. travalon

travalon Regular member

How do I insert Hyper-links?

12. Nephilim

Just find the thread you want to link to then copy and paste the url into your post :)

13. travalon

travalon Regular member

Cool Thanks