1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup/playing games from HD problems

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by JimD10796, Mar 8, 2005.

1. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Ive backed up a few games recently and attempted to do a couple tonite. I usually install the games to the hd and use flash to ftp over to the pc, create iso with qwix then burn. I installed 2 games and neither will play from the HD. When i select "play game from hd", it just reverts back to the previous screen. They(retail games) work fine playing from disc. I also tried craxtion4 disc rip and it seemed like it worked, but the burned disc won't load.
    Now the weird part, i have another game on the HD thats been on for a few weeks and it will load and play from the HD. The only thing i can think of ive done different recently is use crax4 game manager to delete some games i just finished burning. Hopefully this is a setting problem(evox installed) and not my retarded ass deleting more than just a game.
    Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks in advance.

2. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

hi
    if youre intention is to backup to disc, dont bother installing to hdd. Ive always wondered why people say do this.
    ftp the game direct from your xbox d:/ drive
    then create the iso on your pc
    regarding your xbox, do these 2 things, clean the cache, and set the clock. It helps in a lot of cases.

3. podz

podz Member

how do u clean the cache? what is the cache?

4. modster

modster Regular member

I am using evox and what I do is first is copy the game to my xbox harddrive from the xbox DVD ROM. During this copying, the .xbe is patched automatically by the boxplorer (i reckon this is what boxplorer does). From there, I would use FlashFXP to ftp the files to my PC. Then I would use xbox c-tool to create the iso. Last I would use nero (burning rom) to burn the game to a dvd. remember to use the slowest speed (2x) and disc at once option set. This procedures work for me 100% of the time when I use the backup games.

give this a try and see if it works for you too.

5. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Already cleaned the cache and set the clock, still can't play anything newly intalled from the HD(tried backup and retail games). Playing from the dvd drive, everything works.
    Maybe i wasn't clear on what its doing. I can install the game from disc to the xbox HD. Game title appears and the HD free space decreases, so something is going on there, however when i select that game, the system reboots back to the dash. Ive tried both retails and backups, neither work from the HD, but all will play from disc.
    Ive had better luck with backups the way modster described. Done a few from xbox dvd drive-->PC with Craxtion4, some work, some don't.
    Still looking for ideas, thanks for the reply.

6. JimD10796

JimD10796 Member

Still don't know WTF went wrong, but i Dl slayers, full install, all is good now. Thanks for all the help!