1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by greedyguy, Oct 28, 2007.

1. greedyguy

greedyguy Member

Hello,

I have been using Backup's of games for some time with no problems ( a few coasters, but thats all). But I have recently found that on the last 3 games I have burned I get the following message ' to play this game insert into an xbox 360' when I put it them in the xbox 360.

Does this mean I have to upgrade my firmware again, I can play the Backup version of Halo 3 & Fifa 2008.

I am using Verbatim DLdisk which seem to be the best disk, although I bought them From PCWORLD and the box was a bit shabby.

Does anybody no any solution to my newly found Problem.

2. Texdude

Texdude Member

sounds to me like either you jave burned so many and its time to replae your drives laser. If you have a weak laser it doesnt matter what type media you use your 360 WILLNOT read them as if they were from a brand new burner.
    also it might be the change in media. most ppl cant always afford verbatims, other discs do work but they are lesser quality, and weaken your burners laser out quikly.

3. steimy

steimy Active member

depends really. If you are getting them online then it could be that the person who made the image used a newer version of Xbox Backup Creator and slightly different format called split vid. Most people do not use that anymore but some drives have problems reading games done in this format. I would stick with the verbatim discs. You can use a media ID program to test them and make sure they are not fakes if you like. If they are authentic then you should be fine.
    If you are making the back up from an original the it is either errors in the way your drive makes the image or burns it.

Replacing your drive would be a last option. If it burns everything else ok then i would say the problem is not the drive. If it has problems burning a lot of different things then replace it.

4. greedyguy

greedyguy Member

I think I may ave found my prolem, I was using DVDR-DL instead of my usual discs. I have just orered some more DVDR+DL so will test them and let you know what happens - fingers crossed

5. steimy

steimy Active member

Yes you want DVD+R DL discs when backing up 360 games.

Last edited: Oct 29, 2007