1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Problem

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by imran12, Dec 30, 2007.

1. imran12

imran12 Member

Hi i have PIONEER DVD-RW DVR-115D 1.06 (ATA) in my PC and when i wants to backup my burned xbox game to my PC harddrive with Schtrom360XtractV3.4 thn this message showed up " ONLY XBOX BACKUP DISKS CAN BE EXTRACTED ON A NORMAL DVD ROM WITHOUT A PATCHED FIRMWARE ! U CANT EXTEACT ORIGINAL DISK"

SO now what should i do how i can solve this problem without this solution i cant play my old xbox burned game so pls somebody help me out........

one person suggest me:
    Multiple backups are not allowed.

if you have a problem with your backup, re-rip the original.
    but i dont know how to re-rip............pls help

2. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

Did you try reading the sticky right at the top of the page on how to backup a backup?

You can't use Schtrom to copy a copy. That's what's wrong.

3. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

Getting an xbox 1 backup to work with a 360 is sometimes a little tricky, the reason for this is because there are some files which have been changed by a patcher so that the game works correctly on a modded box. But when we want the xbox 1 backup to work on the 360, we need to replace that file with the original which is not always possible, as the patching programs available do not patch all game titles successfully. Therefore, the best thing to do is to get the original, and use the tutorials on the main page, to create a backup using them, you will need to connect your 360 drive to your comp to do this, or you will have to purchase a samsung/toshiba SH-D162C/A drive, flash it with the kreon firmware, which will then be able to read 360/xbox games, you can then use Schtrom360XtractV3.4 to create a new backup.

4. imran12

imran12 Member

Samsung drive for xbox 360 or for my pc...if this is for xbox360 thn what should i do with old one ..i have take away that one or what...sorry for newbie question::::::::

5. lilg_06

lilg_06 Regular member

You can either use the drive in your xbox 360, best one to use is the samsung drive if that is what your 360 has.
    Or an easier way is to buy a samsung-toshiba SH-D162C/A for your computer, so you dont have to open your 360 to remove the drive. If you want an IDE version, get the SH-D162C, if you want the SATA version then buy SH-D162A, its only the end letter that tells you the difference between ide and sata.