1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup problems

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by kenny2560, Oct 2, 2004.

1. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

i have a version 7 ps2 with the slide card set and using tdk dvd+r media with dvd decryptor. ive burnt around 10 games and 6 have been coasters. working: sims bustin out, fire warrior, syphon filter and driver 3(stops and starts). my latest coaster is burnout 3 which takes more than double time to load, the menu is real slow and jumpy and the car just jams in gameplay. similar problems with spiderman 2. any suggestions on how to fix the problem so i get a good success rate.

2. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Tdk is sometimes real good media....check the id on it...It might be a Ricoh so you should get a good burn...For whstever reason my ps2 prefers DVD-R and not +R..Try a -R. Now what you said about Burnout 3 has got me thinking cause my friend has the same problem with it freezing and all...but 9/10 its the media...there pretty much is no such thing as a bad rip...dvddecrypter should do the job...the burning is where there can be problems. Always burn at the lowest speed possible. My ps2 likes second grade media like Princo,Prodisc,Optodisc and none of the other stuff like Ritek,Verbatim...Try a sampler pack and see whats more consistent...I've got it to a point where I know what brands to get and from where...check out rima.com or newegg.com and see if they have a sampler pack of
    DVD-R's. I know supermediastore does but I prefer the other two.

3. kenny2560

kenny2560 Member

hey thanks for ya help ill try the sample pack. how do you check the id? im also looking at buying a dual layer dvd burner. would you recommend Pioneer DVR-108 or A08.

4. deadcat

deadcat Regular member

q.how do you check the id?
    a.download dvd identifier http://dvd.identifier.cdfreaks.com/

q.would you recommend Pioneer DVR-108 or A08
    a.they are essentially the same, just that one comes with burning software/few blank discs which are readily available anyway