1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup ps2 HDD with hdloader - copy hdd to another hdd

Discussion in 'PS2' started by killerb7, Dec 10, 2004.

1. killerb7

killerb7 Member

I've got a ps2 hdd with hdloader installed. I wanted to backup the hard drive onto another hard drive just in case my maxtor burns out so I don't have to reinstall all my games again. Does anyone know of a way to do this? I tried it through dos and over the network through 2comps but they are not recognized. I hear winhiip might be able to do this but do I have to format the blank hdd with hdloader and then send the files over from my ps2 hdd to the blank one?Thanks in advance for your help.

2. Hipphead

Hipphead Member

Winhiip is what you want! You will have to format your backup HDD with Winhipp (for the PS 2 to recognize it) . There is another programs out there that will do the same called PS2 HD Handiness. I have used both. This is the way that I do it. I take my PS 2 HDD and attach it to my pc. Run Winhiip and than just transfer the images over to my c: drive. Than from there I disconnect the PS 2 HHD and connect my back-up HDD to my pc. Run Winhiip again and transfer the .iso files from my c: drive to my back-up drive and that's all there is to it. Happy Gaming

3. killerb7

killerb7 Member

worked. connected ps2 hd as the slave, connected the new hd to my other primary ide cable, formated the new drive, and copied the games over. took awhile but worked perfectly. Thanks!