1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup PS3 Games to DVD (not HDD)

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by bound4h, Feb 10, 2008.

1. bound4h

bound4h Member

I am trying to backup my PS3 games (and even Blu Ray movies, if possible). Does anyone know a quick way to do this? I've searched the forums but can't find a conclusive answer for PS3 games. I basically want to copy my current games to another CD/DVD for backup purposes.

Thanks
    Mike

2. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

This might sound stupid,but do you have a Blu-Ray Burner,if you dont you wont be able to back any game or Blu-Ray movie up.You cant copy games to CD/DVD.

As far as i know,an iso is made and then you burn it to a blank Blu-Ray disc.

Also there is no way to play a game you have backed up,and there may not be a way for a while yet.

3. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Yea, there is literally no point what-so-ever in backing up your PS3 games right now, but yes, do you have a Blu-Ray burner? If you don't, it would probably be cheaper to not buy one and just get a second copy of every game you buy... no joke. Blu-Ray burner + Blank Blu-Ray disks = £££

4. bound4h

bound4h Member

Thanks guys.

So, since backing up games is out of the question, will the PS3 play movies that were burned on a blank Blu Ray disc?

So, if I have a Blu Ray burner, I can backup my movies and watch them but not backup my games and play them? Just want to make sure I understand.

Thanks

Mike

5. marcusita

marcusita Regular member

Yes you will be able to play backed up Blu-Ray movies.

Id wait a few months yet before buying anything.
    At the moment Blu-Ray burners are about £180($360) and blank discs are about £26($52) for a pack of 5.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008
  6. Ryu77

Ryu77 Regular member

It is possible to rip a Blu-ray movie and then re-encode it to fit on a DVD9 (dual layer) or DVD5 (single layer) keeping the HD resolution and be playable on the PS3. My recommendation would be for 1080p definitely use a DVD9. If you're happy with 720p you can get away with a DVD5 but a DVD9 would of course be better. There is a lot to learn in order to achieve this. If you're up to the challenge, read here: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/621809

But... I ask you one favour, please read through the thread before asking questions. :-D

Last edited: Feb 11, 2008