1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup px2 games

Discussion in 'PS2' started by uriah, Feb 8, 2004.

1. uriah

uriah Member

When I go to back up my playstation 2 games it go into a winrar file and I can't burn the games to a DVD what is wrong can somone help me THANKS. It dont have the 2 files only I seen by friend do it and it goes to 2 seperate files

2. Cyprien

Cyprien Active member

winrar?... do you like dl them or something?

3. loumicky

loumicky Member

use winrar to extract the game you should then have a iso or a cue/bin file then use alcohol 120 or something and burn this to cd/dvd simple as

4. uriah

uriah Member

No I don't download ps2 games I have winrar on my computer and that what it goes to I'm using one of my ps2 games to make a backup of.

5. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

Use DVD Decrypter

ISO Mode > ISO Read > ISO Write

If you have WinRar on PC it looks like a Winrar file (beside a .mds file) , but you can just right click on the ISO File & burn with DVD Decrypter (ISO Write)

Is dead easy & Decrypter is free !; )

6. loumicky

loumicky Member

win rar can open iso files but not burn them what you need to do is right click on your backup file then open with and then selectyour prefered dvd burner this should solve your problem

7. herbsman

DVD Decrypter works fine for ISO images !!
    If DVD Decrypter was used to make the back up ISO image , it would look like a WinRar (+ a .mds) file loumicky. [yes , even tho it IS an ISO]
    2 seperate files being the ISO & MDS created by DVD Decrypter !!

8. herbsman

Uriah: You cant just use WinRar to copy a PS2 game !!!

9. loumicky

loumicky Member

you fail to see what i was meaning. when you install win rar it asks at the begining what files extensions to assosiate with it. if iso was ticked then whenever you double click a iso it will automatically open winrar no matter what program you created it with

10. Xian

Xian Regular member

Just use DVD Decrypter and select the .iso file manually.

Do not double click on it because you have the .iso associated with WinRAR so it will always open WinRAR if you do that.

You can change assocations by going to the Tools menu...Folder Options...File Types tab in Windows Explorer or My Computer.

11. loumicky

loumicky Member

thats practacally what i said and he doesnt have to use dvd decrypter thats why i said open with and then choose program and then select your burner of choice and before clicking ok check the always use this program box and from then on when ever you double click on a iso it will automatically open in your program of choice.
    ps where can i sign up for the dvd decrypter commision cause somebody must be getting some for the referals on this thread.
    pps visit my site for cheap (free) ps2 modding only for the brave http://uk.geocities.com/frankenstation/index.html

12. herbsman

BUT like me & xian are trying to tell you loumicky is... that if you just right click on ISO file (that YES looks like a WinRar file) instead of double clicking anything you will get the option:
    [bold]Open with...[/bold]
    Then just choose DVD Decrypter & it will open decrypter all set in [bold]ISO Write [/bold] mode.

There isn't any gain by anyone financially for DVD Decrypter as it is freeware !!!
    So no affiliation , just a damn good proggie (especially as a freebie)

_
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]
    When you consider that human hair is typically between 50-100 microns and a Rizla Silver paper is just 20, that's very thin indeed[/small]

Last edited: Feb 9, 2004
  13. loumicky

loumicky Member

sorry but if you check up the thread i was the one that says to right click and then associate the file by clicking the always use tab so it would save the bother of having to do this everytime you open an iso. and all i was saying about dvd decryter was there are a lot of other programs out there free or otherwise that this person may prefer to use for example could be using a public computer at say a libary where you arent allowed to install software and as all burning software burns iso format they can select that instead from the choose a program menu after pressing [bold]rightclick/open with /tick always use check box /choose program /open[/bold]

14. uriah

uriah Member

Hey thanks for all the help guys. I went into my computer and just deleted the winrar file and everything worked all right after I tried it again I just got the 2 files that you should get.

15. uriah

uriah Member

I'm still using dvd decypter it works the best I have found for making backups of my ps2 games

16. loumicky

loumicky Member

just a question does dvd decrypter write cds as well or just dvds as the name suggests its just that im using alcohol 120% to make my backups and to burn them cd and dvd without problem yet. but if i do come across a problem at least i will know that i will be safe using the afore mentioned program. alcohol even writes files longer than the disk that nero refused eg socom 2 dvd rips was 711 Toc but nero refused saying disk wasnt big enough but alcohol wrote it without problem. if dvd decrypter ccan do all this i might get it.

17. herbsman

Right click on file and....

Open with > DVD Decrypter [thats it]

It will go directly into ISO Write mode & if a blank media is already inserted then you can press the green start button , the whole process taking no time at all!
    We have been talking about something different the whole time Micky.
    As DVD Decrypter is in Program Files it is already associated with all ISO files. [If ISO extension is checked,which it of course is]
    There is no need for always do this action + we dont go near that pop up box.

Try DVD Decrypter & see what we are all on about. As a very broad populus of this site use it ... it cant be bad - can it (?)

;-)

[There's nothing wrong w/ Alcohol 120% tho]