1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup Question? any input needed. all appreciated.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Vitriolic, Feb 14, 2007.

1. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

Okay I am trying to make a backup of one of my xbox 360 and I have made an .iso by using the hotswap method by inserting an Large DVD and then swapping it out with the Xbox 360 game then dumping the files. This yielded a 7 gb iso. What do I do next? do I need the SS if so how do I go about locating it?....

All input appreciated.

2. ahhhhhhh

ahhhhhhh Guest

that method is a ball ache, read some tutorials on other methods xbox backup creator or schtrom

3. cearel

cearel Guest

yes you need ss merger just google its every were

4. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

This method is not so bad now that I know how to do it. Will this method work or is it outdated. Im not a fan of schrom or XBC because Im not to fond on buying 2 dvd drives. also I have SS merger but it keeps on freezing when I try to load the iso.

5. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

Idk I bought both of the drives for like $120 bucks and the lack of effort I have to put to make a game backup is totaly worth it over time. But then again if u dont wana go through the pain of buying and waitin for the drives i can understand that to

6. cearel

cearel Guest

when you load the iso with ss it takes about 20 mins to load it will appear to me locked up but its not just wait on it this is normal

7. ahhhhhhh

ahhhhhhh Guest

pioneer drive £25 delivered from svp and samsung drive already with kreon on it from ebay £ 20 ish delivered. ss merger is web based if it gets shut down then no more back ups for you. spend the money and you wont have to rely on ss merger. one verbatim, 2 clicks of the mouse, bobs ya uncle, fannys ya aunt. easy peasy lemon squeezy

8. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

ahhhh that has to be the funniest *&@# ever haha

9. Vitriolic

Vitriolic Member

How big is the .dvd file supposed to be typically. this is the file that you yield after loading .iso and merging it with the ss.bin file.

10. cearel

cearel Guest

its reall small about 1 kb

11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you got ripped off dindi if you paid 120 for the two drives, the 111d is like 30 bucks at newegg. and the samsung drive is like 50 on ebay.

12. Dindi304

Dindi304 Guest

omg man i know i know but i couldnt find the samsung drive n e where and ebay i dont trust and got banned for some dumb *&^% so i ended up paying alot more for it but hey what happend happend but its so worth it now that i have my back ups

13. wabashman

wabashman Active member

yea, the combo is definitly worth it. if worst came to worst, i would have droped the 120 for the combo as well. lol