1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup says -need to update console to play.

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by denny2480, Feb 6, 2007.

1. denny2480

denny2480 Member

Hi all,
    I'm new to the forum and I'm trouble with a backup.When it's in the Xbox360 it says to play the game I need to update the console.
    I have the Samsung DVD-Rom with .81 Firmware & a Pioneer 111d with 1.23 firmware.
    I used XboxBackup Creator 2.3 and burnt with it,then I tried burning another using ImgBurn and setting the Layer break to 1913760 but still the same thing.
    My Xbox has a mod chip & I'm using Verb disks.
    Can anyone tell me what I'm doing wrong.
    Cheers

2. wabashman

wabashman Active member

its prob not a console update but rather a game update. these come out often when they finally decide to fix a glitch or something else. so you should be safe to update. also for future reference, you might want to say which modchip you are using. this way people will know becuase some chips require different process of game rips and burnings.

3. denny2480

denny2480 Member

Thanks for your reply,
    The guy who put the chip in said it was not the NME360 but was the same tpye,that's all he told me.It plays the backups he has done and he said he does it the way I described.

4. wabashman

wabashman Active member

its more than likely a globe360 then, i believe thats the other chip out currently.

5. denny2480

denny2480 Member

Does that mean backing up is more complicated? If so, is there a tut that I can read.

6. wabashman

wabashman Active member

im not sure if it means backing up is more complicated or not, lol, i went with the FW flash since its free and easy to do. but the way you are backing up your games is the same way that i do mine. however, i would update the FW on your pioneer burning to 1.29 i had burning issues when i started out and that fixed it. there might be something in one of the stickied threads at the top of the forum about buring games for various chips, but im not to sure.

7. denny2480

denny2480 Member

Thanks for your help, I'll keep reading and see what I can find.
    Cheers

8. denny2480

denny2480 Member

Success!!!!,
    I took your advice and flashed my Pioneer with DB's 1.29.
    Everything worked perfectly.
    Thankyou so much for your help.
    Cheers

9. wabashman

wabashman Active member

no problem

10. biglospim

biglospim Guest

So does that mean I need to buy a pioneer 111 to burn my discs because I'm having problems with mine?

11. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you dont have to have a pioneer 111d to burn 360 games that will work. there are many differnet dual layer burners that will work. its just that the 111d is the best one out there.

12. biglospim

biglospim Guest

so how do I burn then I tried X Box Creater to burn and it said writing failed so I don't know what to do.

13. wabashman

wabashman Active member

well first off, not to make you look dumb or anything, just ruling out the first little things here.... is the burner a dual layer burner? also, what brand of media are you using? personally i use image burn to burn my games and schtrom to rip them. the easiest possible way there is. but to use schtrom you have to have the samsung shd-162c drive with the kreon FW on it.

14. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I have the drive and I was told it was pre flashed but I wouldn't know the difference. I was just looking at a guide and I geuss I got to flash my 360 with a connectivity kit and who knows what ? Man if you know an easy way I would really appreciate it , but of corse I don't want to sacrifice any quality, know what I'm saying?

I got the samsung sh-d162c supposedly pre-flashed, I got it from ebay so...
    I copied the game fine to my hard drive using Xbox Backup Creator.
    My DVD ROM is Dual Layer Compatible although probably not the greatest.
    I got a Globe 360.
    Using Verbatim DL +R
    And I just need to get it on a disc and in my system. lol

15. biglospim

biglospim Guest

I think it rips okay on Xbox Backup Creator it's just burning that's the problem and I don't really want to mess up all my blank Verbatim DL+R's

16. wabashman

wabashman Active member

you might want to check in one of the stickied threads at the top. for the globe360 there might be a different backup process to begin with. but other then that, i dont know why it would stop burning. wait, just thought of something. make sure that you have the layer break set correctly before you burn the game. this could be why it fails. it should be set to :