1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup skipped *.edb file (Exchange database)

Discussion in 'Windows - Software discussion' started by kellyright, Aug 8, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kellyright

kellyright Newbie

Hello all,

I'm using Netbackup 7.0.1 backing up Exchange 2010. I already have Exchange license to backup the Exchange database. Exchange backup is running fine.I also have a seperate MS-WINDOWS type backup to backup the whole server but the backup skipped the *.edb file and completed with status 0 with no exceptions. When I perform a restoration, the edb file is not there.

How to backup the Exchange edb file? Do I have to stop the Information Store service to back it up and can I backed it up once just to act as a container for my Exchange database?. If a disaster happen, in order for me to recover the exchange server, I have to restore everything back and then restore the Exchange Database but in this case, the edb file is not backed up, I can't up my Information Store service to do the Exchange restoration.

As far as I know, Backup Exec do skip the edb files if you have an Exchange Agent and have to edit the registry setting in order to back it up but how about Netbackup?

2. govardorg

govardorg Newbie

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.