1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup using DVD decryptor and DVD Shrink ?s

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by adamryer, Dec 18, 2003.

1. adamryer

adamryer Guest

hi, DVD Shrink says my dvd is copy protected and causes an error, can i use dvd decryptor to get pass that and then shrink it with dvd shrink??

2. Yuriv

Yuriv Regular member

Hi,
    DVDShrink SHOuLD be able to crack the protection on most DVDs, but there is the rare case where it can't.

In these cases using DVDDecrypter is an excellent idea. Rip the VOBs to your harddrive and use "Open file" instead of "Open disc" to access the movie.

Good luck...

3. adamryer

adamryer Guest

which files do i open? all of them?

4. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

Hi adamryer,
    Use decrypter in the file mode. When it first reads the disc all the files will appear on the left, pre-selected. Decrypt all.
    Decrypter will put these in a folder. Mine was just the name of the movie in my D drive.
    Open Shrink, click on the open files icon, find your movie and click on it. It will appear in the title box of the browser window with VIDEO_TS below that in the main window. Click the icon to the left of VIDEO_TS, which will open, and then click the open button at the bottom of the window. Shrink will begin to analyze the files and tell you the encryption status.
    I don't use Decrypter with Shrink that often so I just tried it and these steps seemed to work.
    Good luck,
    Frank