1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backup'd movies fail to re-copy

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by cobra87, Apr 23, 2005.

1. cobra87

cobra87 Member

Hopefully someone know the answer to this.Iam using the latest version of clone dvd with the any dvd programs by slysoft and dvd xcopy platinum.Once I backup a dvd it works fine and plays fine...no problem there.it is when I go and try to make another copy...some work and others keep giving me a cylindrical error and it say it cannot read disk..but it plays fine.
    Why is this..what causes it and how do I get rid of it.It doesnt happen to all dvd but some about 20-30%
    Iam using the benQ +r dvd...could it be the +r causing this...should I use only -r

any suggestions becuase the movie play fine but they wont re-copy

2. bassnut

bassnut Regular member

BenQ disks are not concidered the best of quality and depending program you are using for your movies ..... I have only used DVD XCopy .... you are probobly burning right out to the edge of your disks. Even some of the best quality disks have problems out there by the edges though you do see it more on the cheaper brands. I would sugest you try DVD Shrink along with ANYDVD and set your target size for your movie to about 4300 - 4350 mb in size. This will prevent you from burning out to where the recording dye is not aplied as well. As far as dvd+r or -r goes that depends on your dvd player whichever works better for you.

3. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

My quess is your media.
    CRC usually mean some portion of the data is bad on the disc. Your burner is trying to get every little piece of info whereas your stand alone can just pass right over it.
    Check out #1 in this post on CRC errors :http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/183136
    Then click on Scuba pete's guide and try the guide Hard to Rip DVD's.
    CRC is a pretty popular error so if these do not work try and the search function.
    If you find something that works post back - others can benefit.

Last edited: Apr 23, 2005
  4. cobra87

cobra87 Member

does anyone know how to change the setting on clone dvd so it will compress everything to the 4300mb or 4.3gig and not anymore just to prevent it from burning to close to the edges

5. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

On second page of CloneDVD,you will find a "Quality" button normally set at DVD5. change to custon and then set at 4.300 or what ever you want.

6. cobra87

cobra87 Member

Thanks for the help.What is dvd5 normally set at...full burn of the 4.7gigs??

7. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

8. BTFSB

BTFSB Member

Problem is that you may have structure protection from the original copied to the copy. Most times slowing down your burn rate to 4x will solve this but many movies uses structure protection ie. The Forgotten, The Grudge. Using DVDIdle Pro will remove this structure protection permanently for you and you can download a trial version (30 day use) from www.dvdidle.com and I would also suggest DVDFab Expresss. Most DVD One Clcik programs simnply transfer the bad sector from the origianl to your copies but DVDIdle Pro in conjunction with DVDFab Express will eliminate this.

9. Mort81

Mort81 Senior member

If the suggestions of others here don't solve your problem, try some better media. I have tried benq dvd+r hub printables and had problems similar to yours. Some claim they're good media but I will never buy any again. No problems with Verbatum datalifeplus or taiyo yuden.

10. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

i have had the same problem and then changed the compression size lower and all fixed. i use cheap media and have never had a problem after burning over 600 dvds so if you ask me the media isnt a problem

11. elizerroj

elizerroj Regular member

cobra87, dvdxcopy software won't read copies made with dvdxcopy software. because the whole illegal issue.

12. rhino351

rhino351 Regular member

he gets an error part way. if he tried to recopy one made with dvdxcopy with dvdxcopy it wouldnt even let you start to read.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2005
  13. cobra87

cobra87 Member

hey guys

thanks for all the help.Iam not trying to copy a copy already done by dvdxcopy.I made the copy with clone dvd.I believe the problem was that it was burning to close to the edges so I cut down the compression to 4300 mg max.I will give that a try but Iam pretty sure thats what is was.
    THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP:)))))))))))))))))