1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backup'ed DVD on Xbox Hard Disk?

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by GokuCube, Sep 2, 2004.

1. GokuCube

GokuCube Member

I need to know if this is possible without having to burn a DVD, seeing as I have no dvd burner. I backed up this dvd to my pc long ago and have it in ISO format. Since then the dvd has been lost by my younger brother. Is it possible to ftp the ISO over to xbox media center or any other app that will play the dvd without me needing to have a copy of the disc?
    Thanks

MAJOR EDIT: I'm an idiot and didn't mention that I meant DVD as in MOVIE. I have an ISO of the DVD "Snatch" in which I backed up a while ago.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  2. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

What you could try is extracting all the information of the iso onto your computer, and from there ftp everything to the hdd in the folder that contains all your games. First, create a folder, within the Folder of the games, then send everything of that games content over, and reboot your box and whoola...everything should work!!

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

The only way I know is you need a tool called Craxtion, it's free so get that. Open it and select File then Extract ISO. Then find your ISO, create a folder with the name of the game, and extract the ISO to that folder. Once that's done, open your FTP program and FTP that folder to your Xbox. You also might wanna patch the default.xbe file just to be sure the game will boot. You have to break the ISO down into little files for it to work cuz Xbox won't boot ISO images.

@ATIROCKS - Can't you find your own signature? =)
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small]"For gaming supremacy, there's no power greater than X."[/small]

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 2, 2004
  4. GokuCube

GokuCube Member

AITROCKS: I was under the impression that nothing will show up in the list without a proper .xbe file.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2004
  5. GokuCube

GokuCube Member

I probably should have specified that this is a VIDEO dvd. As in a movie. The movie is in fact, "SNATCH"

6. ATIROCKS

ATIROCKS Regular member

In that case, i have no clue. Because the file listing in a dvd movie is more complex by the way the drive reads it.

Achilles3 as a HardCore xbox enthusiats i cannot let down my fellow gamers...thus i i put down this as my signature, as it is the only one xbox has that i am aware of, to show off my loyalty and pride to the gaming community ;)

7. scottas

scottas Guest

Or download xbmc, once loaded you can search your pc for movies and music. Once you find the movie it will stream it to the xbox.