1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups burn OK but wont play in 360

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by laf100, Nov 11, 2007.

1. laf100

laf100 Guest

I have read many tutorials, and every post from every forum relating to this problem:

I have burnt 10 backups, the first 2 did not play but were burnt at 16x then 8x, now I only use 2.4x were all burnt using CloneCD, but only tombraider anniversary will play in my xbox, all the others are get "not recognized/dirty disc" error.

I checked the ISO's using XVDV Mulleter, and all the boxes are checked, am using clonecd 5.1.3.0, verb dvd+dl, my writer is Liteon LH-20A1P with latest firmware (KLON), and I have set book type to DVD-ROM. I never get any errors during burning, they just dont play. I just ordered 2 more spindles of verb's and want to start getting it right because I already have a matching set of coasters!

Any help much appreciated.

LAF.

2. fudpucker

fudpucker Regular member

i assume your downloading the backups, if so than thats the first problem, if you want good quality backups spend some bucks on a kreon flashed drive.
    2. use imgburn to make your backups, i think most people here will agree with that.
    3. and most important, what firmware are you using and what drive in your xbox?

3. laf100

laf100 Guest

Hi buddy, thanks for the quick reply!
    Yes I am downloading my backups, but there are so many images on usenet I thought this would be the way to go?!?
    I will give imgburn a try when I get my next batch of verb's.
    Lastly all I know about my firmware is that it is iXtreme, I will ask the shop that flashed it for me to give me more info', the xbox is the latest HDMI version, I do not know what drive it is, I will use the forums to identify it, and post back once I have tried imgburn.
    Thanks again.

4. laf100

laf100 Guest

Just in case anyone else is having similar problems, in my case the problem was not the fact I downloaded my backup iso's, but the media I was using. I originally ordered Verbatim's from SVP (code 3602) which have been imported from USA apparantly, gave me 9 coasters from a box of 10! The second lot came from ebuyer (code 117958) both are 2.4x dvd+R DL but my Liteon only likes the ones from Ebuyer, 5 good burns & counting!

Woohoo!