1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups Dying

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by ps2racer, Apr 27, 2007.

1. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I’m starting to have a few problems with some games I backed up. The games did work great no skipping or slow loading. Then after about two months after backing them up they are starting to skip and load slow. So I put in the original game and it worked fine and my other backups are working fine. Then I burnt the games again and they work fine no skipping. I burnt the games on Maxell which are 1ST class media the first time and second time. What I want to know is what will cause a backup to start dying like this. Is it the media, or the way I store them. I just don’t know. Also the backups are not scratched at all that is the ones that are dying.

2. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Try cleaning the disc and refresh the TOC size.

3. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

What exactly do you mean by refresh the TOC size.

4. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Umm... what modchip do you use?

5. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

I don't have a mod chip I use SM 3.6. Should have said that when I first posted.

6. OmriSama

OmriSama Regular member

Umm... i don't know if SM 3.6 can refresh TOCs...

Anyway, refreshing TOCs... i don't even know what it means, but i refreshed my TOC with a Sonic Heroes TOC and it made it work faster. I don't know if it will make some of your backups bootable, but it will surely make them faster! (unless they are 4.7 GB)

7. ps2racer

ps2racer Regular member

The games boot up fine now. It is when you start to play the game it will start to skip and load stuff slow. But when I burnt them they worked fine for about two months then started to skip. I have never had a DVD backup work fine for months and then start messin up. It is almost like it is a bad burn but like I said it did work fine for a while.