1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups Freeze & Disc errors

Discussion in 'PS2' started by Ecin, Nov 4, 2004.

1. Ecin

Ecin Member

I have a problem. I think my ps2 is a v7 on the back it has 39001. I use swap magic 3.2/ 2.0 dvd. I have a back up of San Andreas, MK dec, and DDR extreme, all DVDS. The only one that works fully is DDR extreme. GTA loads the intro, but it freezes and the cd continues spinning at the screen that says GTA san andreas with the disclaimer at the bottom. That's after you hit X during the intro. MK dec shows the MK logo with loading under it, and nothing ever happens just sits there with the DVD spining. I have a blue disc playstation game that sometimes load and sometimes doesn't. Some times it flashes the browser and configuration screen then loads the game up. Same happens with the Swap magic 3.2 disc. Nevre with the DVD one. I cleaned the lens with a lens cleaner cd. I also tried the alcohol and cotton swab. And adjusting the white gear, which is now where it was originally. Everything's still the same after all that. All input are appreciated. Thanx

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

what brand media?

3. Ecin

Ecin Member

memorex. By the way DDR extreme is a little over a gig, while the other two games exceed 4gb.

4. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

you may want to try some ritek or verbatim. a lot of people have trouble with memorex (especially -r)

5. Ecin

Ecin Member

thanks. I'll try to get one of those discs. My TDk CD aren't working either. need for speed underground demo and a SNES emulator. The emu worked once to the select game screen then went black after selecting a game. But it doesn't even go that far anymore. sometimes 3.2 disc dosn't finish loading either.

6. Ecin

Ecin Member

are verbatim digital movie okay? and if it's rated 4x should i burn at that speed or less?

7. Ecin

Ecin Member

???

8. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

isn't those discs very expensive?

9. Ecin

Ecin Member

my circuit city doesn't have dvd-r for verbatim. just the digitalmovies. And they are pretty cheap $25 for 25 i paid $35 for 25 dvd+r verbatim but it didn't work so i'm returning it. And yes, they are expensive with their jewel cases. but i'm getting the spindle which is on par or cheaper than other brands in the store. I think they are on sale or something. It uses that metal azo die. But i don't know if it works with the ps2.

10. Ecin

Ecin Member

Problem fixed. The digitalmovies worked. I also bought the 5 for $10 verbatim just in case, but i won't need em, might return them if i don't run out of the 25pack, soon.

11. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

cool, glad you got it to work.