1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups from backups in inferior media

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by Inalbis, Oct 26, 2007.

1. Inalbis

Inalbis Regular member

Hey mates, I have some old games I need to patch now, theyre in some poor Ridata media. I feel they run/load a little slow some times. Would it make any diference ripping them, patching them and burning to a Verbatim? Or since theyre already burned to inferior media, its already f´ed up?

2. steimy

steimy Active member

It may work just fine. As long as the game is a good copy. The slow down may just be due to the laser in the 360 not reading the poor quality discs as well.

I know with PS2 games i could take a copy on bad media that would skip or have adio/video problmes (that i know worked after testing on a friends system) and just burn it to a better quality disc and then it ran just fine.

3. Inalbis

Inalbis Regular member

How can I be shure its a good copy? Like, it works, so its a good copy? :p

And btw, if the slowdown is indeed caused by the laser having trouble reading a poor quality disc, would this stress or tire the laser in any way, reducing its lifetime or something?

4. bhetrick

bhetrick Active member

The harder the laser works the quicker it'll die. And I agree with steimy. I, too, have reburn PS2 games from one type of media to another with positive results.

Go ahead and try it. If your pc drive can't read the disc due to burn errors, it'll tell ya.