1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups of course!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by limits, Jan 18, 2005.

1. limits

limits Member

ok i've been reading from these forums for the past month now probably i see plenty of different posts about backing up stuff and others problems.. but they seem to be problems from them not knowin how to burn or what to burn with.., im using a v11 ps2 (since i broke my old v7 trying to use these swapmagic discs) alcohol 120%, Dvd Decrypter, and nero ultra 6.6, the dvds im using vary of course since i've tried so many its becoming ridiculus.. memorex DVD - and +r, Maxell DVD-R, Ritek G04 DVD-R, and Prodisc (suppose to be pioneer certified).. i have used all 3 different programs burning games @ 1x or 2x speeds since dvd decrypter wouldnt let me burn @1x and NOTHING WORKS (NOT A VALID PS2 DISC)!!!! what is the damn problem cuz im going insane!!!! and btw! i did get 1 (JUST 1) CD backup to work.. that was celebrity deathmatch of all things.. i've tried 3 different cd games thats the only 1 that worked.

2. abx

abx Guest

I had the same problem. I couldn't get a single PS2 DVD to work and only a few PS1 cd's. I have a Desktop with an aftermarket Sony DVD burner.

A few days ago I used my friends MADDOG external USB2 DVD burner to back up some files on my Laptop. I also thought I'd give backing up A PS2 DVD a try before giving the MADDOG back to him. The PS2 backup worked. I have about 20 PS2 DVD games that I subsequently backed up all of them with the MADDOG. They all worked.

I don't know why but try using another computer. It worked for me.

3. limits

limits Member

yeah but the thing is, the dvds i try playing on this system worked on my old system...
    old system = V7 ps2 and they worked like a charm!!!! this new one is just garbage..

4. squizzle

squizzle Active member

limits, your issue with not being able to burn at 1x might be because your burner might only go down to 2x. I have a LiteOn burner like that. I ran into a few problems at 2x, mostly just audio jumpy during cut scenes.

As far as not being able to play the discs, I think V11 PS2's only play +R discs. Check into that.

5. MDSP

MDSP Regular member

limits, how did you manage braking your system with swap magic ??? ... im really curious

6. limits

limits Member

MDSP, i was trying to use a credit card instead of swap magic to open the tray and basically i yanked it open instead of letting it pop out.. so tray was off track, then i tried to shove it back in and bent the thing that spins the cd's. thats pretty much the just of it :(

7. limits

limits Member

sorry, instead of Slide Card is what i meant =P