1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups/swap magic/slim tool

Discussion in 'PS2' started by chez394, Feb 27, 2005.

1. chez394

chez394 Member

Please help a non console freek. I bought my kids a new slim line ps2 and hoped with the aid of the slim tool(which I seem to have fitted fine) and swap magic that i would be able to burn games for them to play.My problem is that wether i use the cd or dvd disc supplied (swap magic 3.3) it continually says not a ps2 disc. I have downloaded cd loader and dvd loader and cogswap. I have bought sony dvd-rw, sony dvd-r and sony dvd+r and all to no avail. I use dvd decrypter as many of you suggest. Pleases help an increasingly frustrated father crack this seemingly small problem. Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. xdg99667

xdg99667 Guest

Chez

Have you tried booting to an original game, as this might give you a bit more troubleshooting, and to make sure that you are burning your games at single speed, also if you could tell me what games you are trying

3. chez394

chez394 Member

thanks for your reply. I have got a couple of games to work now on the sony dvd+r discs so I think it might be a fault in the files that I have downloaded. Is there any way to tell if this is so or do I keep making more and more coasters for the table?

4. xdg99667

xdg99667 Guest

I dont know any way that you can tell prior to burning, IMHO maybe downloading games isn't the best way to get them.

5. hursty

hursty Active member

why dont you just copy your "original copy"

its easier

with kind regards hursty

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005
  6. xdg99667

xdg99667 Guest

Hursty,

I didn't know that a station could read rewriteables, so it shows that you learn something new everyday.

7. hursty

hursty Active member

my mistake they cant

hehehe

just been on dvd movie section,getting a bit confused

Last edited: Mar 13, 2005