1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backups will only give me black screen Help!

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by halo13, Feb 10, 2005.

1. halo13

halo13 Regular member

Some times when i back up some of my games I put the backup into the ps2 and it boots past the ps2 logo and then it goes black. Can someone tell me why this is? I recently got a new laser instaled and i know it had to be callibrated. Do you think that it still needs a little more?

2. halo13

halo13 Regular member

Sorry i forgot to add that it's "The Suffering" that is giving me this problem over and over. I am buring on Ritek go4's and have tried using dvd decryper and alcohol with same results.

3. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

if youre having problems with the same game all the time but are able to play others,its prob the game,not the laser/media etc.if its an original then maybe some kind of copy protection and needs to be patched.if its a download,then maybe a bad file.

4. halo13

halo13 Regular member

I encountered this before with different games like "simpsons hit and run". But i got a tip from someone that suggested that i rip the game with decrypter and burn it with alcahol and it worked. but i've tried it with this game and no luck. i've also noticed that it reads my backups slow which supports my theory that my laser could use a little more calibration.

5. 97bullock

97bullock Regular member

did you ever encounter this problem before you put the new laser in (except for when your old laser was fried enough that you had to get a new one obviously)?

6. halo13

halo13 Regular member

My last laser worked for about 5 seconds. Then it wouldn't read any dvd-r's at all. So i couldn't really tell you. Also i've noticed with copys that do work they load very slowly.

7. rayza184

rayza184 Regular member

thats usualy the case with back-ups unless you can shrink the size of the using the dvd gen method (which doesn't work on all games). Some games require dvd loader (if your using swap magic 2.0) and some require you to remove garbage files while yet others require special patches to work. You have to do a little reaserch. If this is only happening on your back-ups then I think its safe to say that it is not your laser. Try the other dvd's (if your using + use -) your new laser may only read a certain type of dvd.If it happens on all your games I would blame it on the laser.

Last edited: Feb 10, 2005