1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups wont load using, modded slimline ps2 (scph-70000) +Action replay max.

Discussion in 'PS2 - Software boot discussion' started by BDCFTO, May 2, 2007.

1. BDCFTO

BDCFTO Member

Hey guys. I have been googling like no1 has b4. Ive looked for help everywhere. I have a modded slimline ps2 and a original copy of the current action replay max. The cheats load fine with original discs. But
    when i insert a backup copy. Eg: DBZBT2 it jsut says it basically cannot read the disc. My cheat list was updated online, I've tried expert mode. That did not work. I also tried using swap magic (even though my ps2 is modded) that also did not work. Any help would be greatly aprreciated. I just wanna be able to play my backup games with the cheats. I also have tried it with gameshark, same outcome.

Plz help.

2. XbusterZ

XbusterZ Regular member

i belive that gs and ar check the disc for authenticity before running and i belive other cheat devices do it too... lame. but there is a workaround... codebreaker can be used for cheating also, but will probably give you the same result; however, there is a workaround:

1. select the cheats.
    2. start the game.
    3. the tray should open by itself, so DO NOT touch the ps2.
    4. insert any original ps2 game.
    5. as soon as the screen turns black [be quick about it] press open on the ps2.
    6. you are returned to the ps2 browser screen.
    7. place a backup in the tray.
    8. close.
    9. cheat like a mofo.

you have some options as far as getting cb is concerned. either get the retail one [it's like 20$], find a backup, or get the .elf file and launch that [assuming you know how to launch elfs].

3. BDCFTO

BDCFTO Member

when u said the ps2 ejects the tray, it cant cause i dont have a fat ps2. Umm lol i prob wont end up spending more money on cb cause i already spent 70 on ar. Thx for ur reply though ive tried to do that quick swap method thing, didnt work. But ill try it again.

Ive downloaded that elf file thing and that independance program thing. But when i tried to make the iso it toldm e to put a name in the title.db thing even though im not using it for ps1 games. and after that it jsut gives me a runtime error.

I know u have to load this elf fie through ar's media player. Umm Any tips on what i should do with the elf file and what elf files to get?

4. BDCFTO

BDCFTO Member

EDIT: yea i tried that swap thing, didnt work. The screen jsut stayed on launching game. Man i duno wat to do anymore.

5. GaminMad

GaminMad Member

Hmm i have the same problem too. I cant get copyed games to boot with action replay max. Another thing it wont save my codes i out in. :(

6. lyd

lyd Guest

TRY TO UPDATE BY UESING A USB PEN
    AND DONT PUT THE LAN CABLE IN THE PS2 AND IT SHOULD WORK AND WHAT GAME ARE YOU TRYING TO USE CHEATS FOR I HAVE A PS2 THAT WORK WITH CHEATS I USE MY BACK UP OF ACTION REPLAY A ND IT WORKS BUT IAM USEING A BIG PS2 V4

7. GaminMad

GaminMad Member

i am using a fat version. I am tryin to cheat ff12.