1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups won't load - using SM v. 3.3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by doinkbot2, Mar 15, 2005.

1. doinkbot2

doinkbot2 Member

I'm new to backing up my games. I read a lot of stuff and decided to get a flip cover for my version 5 PS2. I used DVD decrypter to try to backup GTA:SA, using Memorex DVD+RW writing at 1X, my ps2 plays movies fine backed up on this media. I used SM 3.3 then put in my backup, the screen just went black. I tried to backup Fight Night Round 2, which I read people had no problem doing with dvd decrypter. I first tried the Memorex DVD+RW writing at 1X, SM 3.3 said Not a valid PS2 disc. So I tried using Fujifilm DVD-R. I used SM 3.3 It looked like it was going to load, then a PS2 screen came up and said disc is invalid format. Should I try using Nero or alcohol? I don't really know how to use either program to backup a game, but I already have Nero Ultra Edition on my computer. Any help would be appreciated. thanks.

2. Mik3h

Mik3h Regular member

Use GOOD DECENT MEDIA. Im not sure about your current media.. but i suggest Ritek G04's. And You CANNOT Burn games with DVD+RW as they jsut wont work, only for movies.
    And burn at a slow speed but make sure that your media supports the speed, you can tell by inserting the blank DVD then opening DVD Decrypter, look at the panel on the right hand site and look at "supported speeds" and burn at the slowest that is supported. ;)

-Mike

3. ramzey

ramzey Member

Hi,
    I had similar problems with the Memorex DVD+RW media, don;t use that. I've heard the PS2 (some models) are very picky about media type. I have burned about 10 games so far using FujiFilm DVD+R media and they all work perfectly.

My approach is always the same: DVDDecryptor to ISO then I burn the ISO (image) using Nero. I've experienced problems with other burning software (trying to get it to load), but this has everything to do with what type of burner you have and how well that model is supported by the burning software. Nero is one of the most compatible (if not the most compatible burning packages). Another highly praised burning product is Alcohol 120%. I'm not sure I would trust burning with anything else.

4. Pdasterly

Pdasterly Member

my V7 ps2 can't read RW disc period

5. mjonz20

mjonz20 Member

If you get the "not a valid PS2 disc" message in Swap Magic, just hit x as soon as you slide the card back to the left/close the flip top.