1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backups won't work properly using smd and flip top

Discussion in 'PS2' started by SikWitIt, Feb 29, 2004.

1. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

I have a BTC 1008 DVDrw and use nero for both creating the image file and burning. I have been trying to backup fifa 2003 and fifa 2004 and although the border on the swap magic screen first turns green for a split second and then turns blue they load fine. But when playing the music skips, gameplay is choppy,...At first I thought it was the media 'cause I was using Sentinel but the TDK 4x DVD-r wasn't a big improvement. Oh and I burned the games at speed 1x so that can't be the problem either. Anyone experiencing the same problems or anyone with a suggestion on how to solve this is welcome to answer.

2. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

couple of questions...how old is your ps2? Could be a dirty laser. When was the last time you defragmented your hard drive? I've backed up over 20 games with my A105 and Nero and haven't had a single problem. You might try using a different brand of dvdr also. I've found the Ritek are the best IMO.

3. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

I have a 4 year old v.3 ps2. I cleaned my laser just a couple a days ago so I don't think that's the cause of my problem. Neither will be my computer since it seems to backup everything else (dvd-movies, psx-games, ...) properly. I'll probably follow your advice and give Ritek a go. Thanks

4. the_scum1

the_scum1 Regular member

Try burning with different software. I have tried many and the one that works best for me( less skipping and faster loads on the ps2) is Discjuggler

5. Wulfie66

Wulfie66 Regular member

You might also want to make sure that your original is clean and doesn't have any major scratches

6. SikWitIt

SikWitIt Member

I already checked the original for scratches although I didn't realy expected it to be damaged since I just bought it and it plays fine.