1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by paul23, Apr 27, 2004.

1. paul23

paul23 Member

Can somebody please help me figure out what I am doing wrong. I have a matrix modded xbox with bios evox 3.6 and evolutionx 3752. Whenever I try to load the backup it says game but it just keeps going back to the evolutionx screen. Any help would be appreciated.

2. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Does it say anything in the right hand corner? Usually if it's a bad read it will say something like not found or even "game" Does your original work? If you don't have your original to answer this question then we know where this is going. However, if you do and it works then it's about a 90% chance it's a bad burn. Had the same thing happen to me when I was first starting out. I want to reiterate to people, don't take shortcuts. Make the iso with Craxtion or Qwix and used Decryptor to burn your games. Unless you are not having problems or have Stomp. They are just both easier. I hope the Noobs read this.

3. paul23

paul23 Member

Yes the original works fine and I used xiso to make the image and burned it with nero. Could that be the problem?

4. eggbert52

eggbert52 Regular member

Well...two glaring things...that is if you want a successful backup for starting out. I would suggest using Craxtion for the iso and DVD Decryptor for your burning program (it's free) until you get one backed up. Then you can fiddle with Nero or other burning programs. Why don't you PM me and I will help you set up craxtion and decryptor should be a no brainer but I can explain.

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

yea xiso is pants, use craxtion, or even better yet get a hold of qwix