1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

backups

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by markdav1s, Mar 18, 2005.

1. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

if i make a backup of an xboxgame the files are to big for the normmal dvd disc can you back them up onto the dual layer discs or do i have to remove certain files.ive tried backing up onto a dual layer disc but it wont play on the xbox?

2. tippytip

tippytip Member

Alot of games have other languages on them. If the game has other languages in it you can remove them and it will make the game sagnificantly smaller. Other than that not sure what else you could do honestly besides maybe rip it to your HDD and play it off there. I don't know enough about the different DVD media and burning techniwues to offer afvice on that.

3. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

when removing the diferent languages how do i do that do i just delete the e.g "spanish"file or do i need to delete certain things within that language file

4. tippytip

tippytip Member

Well in the past, at least the games that I have had, had seperate folders for the different languages and I just erased the whole folder. But I would suggest researching on that one a little bit so you don't create any more coasters. It's been a while since I ahve done it and every game is different so mostly it's trial and error but if anyone else knows what I'm talking about please try to elaborrate a little better than I am right now.

5. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Why don't we start be asking what game it is?

6. markdav1s

markdav1s Guest

the game is max payne and the languges are in seperate folders.can i just fit it all on a dual layer disc or will the xbox not be able to read it