1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Backward XBox compatibility Issue

Discussion in 'Xbox 360' started by jona476, Aug 16, 2011.

1. jona476

jona476 Member

I have a couple of Xbox 360’s. One I have had for about 3 years and is kept upto date with system updates. I updated this console with the backward compatibility emulator from Microsoft just after buying it and it plays compatible original Xbox games.

I have recently bought a second hand Xbox 360 for my Son, which is the same model as my other one (Premium 20Gb HDMI) and this has up to date system. Problem is this one will not play the original Xbox games that the other one does. Obviously it hasn’t had the backward compatibility update applied.

It looks like the backward compatibility emulator is no longer available from Microsoft. Does anyone know where I can get this emulator from? or is there any other way to get these games to work on this second console.

2. xbox09

xbox09 Member

Last edited: Aug 16, 2011
  3. jona476

jona476 Member

Thanks for the reply xbox09. I tried plugging in the hard drive from my original console, which I know is original, into the second console. It worked perfect. So it looks like the second console does indeed have an unoffical hard drive.

I found a post that explains how to create the missing partition on these unoffical hard drive's. I should then be able to copy the files from my original hard drive.

Many thanks

4. Modking30

Modking30 Regular member

You can reformat the hard drive and check the partitions in explorer 360