1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad audio

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mlr, Oct 25, 2003.

1. mlr

mlr Member

after weeks of trying ive now managed to put divx.avi film on dvdbut when i play it on my standalone player the audio is quite crackly ive used virtualdub to extract audio is there any decent programs outhere to clean up the audio before athoring film and burning to dvd cheers

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

I don"t think Virtual dub is to blame because if you extract the audio to WAV format that means that you are just uncompressing the audio and not encodeing it so there is absolutely to change in Quality from the AVI audio to Wav audio...But if you encoded the Wav audio to say Mpeg 1 Layer 2 for DVD or had to change the Sample Rate that will Degrade the Quality..On the Odd occation that I use a downloaded Movie on a DVD I usually use something like Vegas Video to extract the audio and encode it directly to AC3 audio and the audio Quality is allways Very good because Vegas Video uses profecinal Quality Sample rate conversions and uses High Quality audio filters...So if you Used say Tmpgenc to encode the audio or something else then that is probably the Culprit...You can allways use what I use to extract and encode the audio...Cheers