1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad backup versions! Please help!

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by MWA, Jan 2, 2005.

1. MWA

MWA Member

Hi!

I am using DVD Shrink to backup my DVD movies to DVD+R medias, but the result is not always that good. A lot of my backups are "jumping" 3-6 seconds many times during the movie. How can that be? Is it because the burning speed is too high (8x)? Or is it DVD shrink?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

Without knowing your exact media code,format,brand name,burning software,multi-tasking,and burner name and model #, poor media sounds like the issue,or the stand alone does not like that certain brand of media.

Whatever media you are using,your stand alone does not like it,it will try to play it,but something is wrong.

How do these backups look on your pc "the driver that burned it"?

Try slowing down the burnspeed to 4x, if it is really bad media,then you might have to go to the lowest speed you can.Some members have to burn as slow as they can just to get their stand alones to play them.

Do not multi-task during any of the dvd ripping,encoding and burning process. Turn off your internet,screen saver, and anything else that may come on during the dvd backing up process.