1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad batch of G04's or is it my PS2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by madmax69, Oct 1, 2004.

1. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Man....either I have the one PS2 that doesn't like Ritek G04 or I got a horrible batch from meritline...First of all I bought them as Shiny Matte G04's...unfortunately they are not branded but I checked them out with dvdinfo and identifier and they did come up as Ritek but weird they came up as g05 but only burn 4x and not 8x like G05......My PS2 with magic 3 has read everything I've thrown at it...Prodisc,GreatQuality,Maxell,Office Depot brand..For games I've used DVD-R but movies It reads +RW as well....and here I go and buy these G04's which have great reviews and I burned 20 out of 50 and did not get a single one to work as a game or movie...My stand alone dvd player also plays everything I throw at it but it won't these...Bottom line....I am fearful of buying Ritek again and Prodisc as well(inconsistent) Do you guys think I just had bad luck...myabe meritline is screwing people over......any suggestion or places you guys trust...I need media that is good for PS2...games/movies....Not sure what version PS2 I have...

2. )v(3thuD

)v(3thuD Regular member

I had to adjust my PS2 lens height to finally boot my G04 Silver Matte top backups. I also thought i had a bad batch or my PS2 didn't play em period. Onlything is the 2 games i burnt on the G04 are skipping like crazy, if i have to upgrade my dvd burner firmware to improve quality/performancei need more info, and if i should be pretty safe. "LiteOn 812s"

I heard somone say that if virus scanner is on it can cause such problems like im having, i have norton runnning w/ Auto Protect on, should i turn that off and see if that helps? doesn't really sound likt it will do anything, i duno tho.

Last edited: Oct 1, 2004
  3. madmax69

madmax69 Member

Glad to see someone also had an issue..I thought people were going to say....."you're mad....what are you talking about?? That does not happen"...lol...Funny thing is the cheapos and not so great rated discs work...go figure...I really don't want to adjust anything cause I'm worried I'll mess something up.....I'm gonna try to return them...just pissed at all the hours I spent burning for nothing...hope meritline doesn't give me a hard time....can anyone suggest something other than prodisc or G04's but in the same price range.....and like I said...good for movies /games...