1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad .bin files

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by trevorh, Aug 19, 2003.

1. trevorh

trevorh Guest

14 Aug 2003 7:05 PM
    Edit message
    Hi,
    I have a self-extracting executable. When I open it, it says "Burn to a CD with Nero." So I ran the extractor, which produced a .bin file. I then tried using Nero to burn an Image file (I had to change the open dialogue to recognize all files, because by default it doesn't recognize bins). I tried this, and my computer won't read the file. I also tried using alcohol 120, and that gave an error 26% of the way thru. Any ideas?

thanks - Trevor

2. Took

Took Member

You have the cue files for the bins, right? You must have the cue files for a succesful burn, I think!

3. trevorh

trevorh Guest

I created my own Cue file based on the instructions in the FAQ. I also tried burning the BIN straight. Both were unsuccessfull.
    -Trevor

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

1. Google your way to a CUE creator of some sort (I think CDMage might have one hidden away in some obscure feature, I will look into it sometime)
    2. To check if the BIN files are actually, "ba", fire up CDMage, open the BIN file (which also tells you the MODE/Sector-size information to allow you to doublecheck with your homem-made CUE file) and go Action-->Scan for Errors. If there are any Moderate or worse errors, you can try to fix it and burn away but it still may not work (remember to make a backup first just in case the CDMage correction feature makes it worse).