1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

bad bios

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by pal, Jan 12, 2004.

1. pal

pal Guest

recently my xbox would just work some times, and at the end not at all. after some searching on different forums I found that it was the bios that had been damaged. So i had to take out my chip (matrix) and re-flash it! after this my xbox was back to normal again. Can anyone tell me why this happend, so I can try to avoid the same situation again, since it's a f***ing hassel to take in and out the chip!

2. Scot

Scot Regular member

just leave the matrix chip in mode 3 (i think that is what they call it) it blinks orange. Then when you want to update your bios you can just ftp the new bios to your xbox bios folder and choose to flash it from evox settings menu. I wouldnt take out my chip to flash it, that is a pain in the ass.

BTW Im not sure why your first bios messed up.

3. pong3

pong3 Guest

I've got a simple question for someone who owns a matrix chip. How do you keep it from not moving around...the standard screw they gave me has to be realigned every now and then and it gets annoying after a while. Is there another size screw that will fit? or anything to keep it in place?

4. pal

pal Guest

thanks scot! I didn't know you could do that!
    pong3: I don't know, my chip fits perfectly, never had any problems with it besides the bios thing

5. solidcad

solidcad Member

use locktite to keep it from moving its like a thread locker . u can buy it at a hardware store works great