1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad Burning.... Please Help!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by crzy, Oct 21, 2004.

1. crzy

crzy Member

I am using DVD Decrypter to burn ISOs compiled with DVD Shrink. (all current versions) And when the disc is done and starts to verify it immediately cougs up this error:

I/O Error

ScsiStatus: 0x02
    Interpretation: Check Condition

CDB: 28 00 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 00
    Interpretation: Read (10)-Sector: 0

Sense Area: 70 00 05 00 00 00 00 12 00 00 00 00 21 00 00 00 00 00 00 01 02 03 04 05 06 07
    Interpretation: Logical Block Address out of Range

I am using Memorex DVD+R 4x
    I have a QSI DVDRW SDW-041, newest firmware
    My system is an Alienware Area-51 766
    3.2 GHz P4, WinXP SP2
    1GB or RAM

Now, when I look at the disc the inner tracks of the disc are very dark, about a 1/4" out then everything looks normal. When I use DVD Decrypter to burn the burner goes at about 0.2x - 0.6x speed for the first 10%... which I am assuming is the inner ring issue.

Is there any way to fix this? this is brand new drive, I actually just exchanged my previous drive for this one because the older one wasn't burning anywhere near the advertised speed. PLEASE HELP!

2. mad89

mad89 Member

i cant help you much with the dark rings etc, as i dont know much about that hardware sorta stuff...

but what i mite be able 2 help u on is the dvd decrypter/error side of things...

i have found that using the "verify" function causes the disk to fail as you have mentioned...
    solution? turn it off...

when burning now (with the "verify" box unticked) all goes well and 90%-95% of disks DO work...

also another factor could be your burning speed, for games you should tend to use 1x speed for ALL games... and for backing up movies 1x or 2x speed (max)...

have you tried to burn with any other programs?

maybe u should try that... but i think if you turn off "verify" you MAY have less problems, but no gaurantees...

its a simple case of trial and error... try the "verify" thing if not try another program...

post back to let us kow how u go...

3. crzy

crzy Member

I'll give it a shot and report back...

The reason I started to use 'verify' was because my copies started to screw up. I was able to burn at MAX speed (usually burstable up to 4x) and everything wouild be fine. But I broke that DVD drive by mistake (had the tray out and... well, you can guess) got a replacement and the thing wouldnt burn at 4x anymore. So I bumped it down to 2x, and had ot use 'verify' to make certain that the contents on the disc matched the original ISO... sometimes it wouldn't and the movie would screw up at the end. (very annoying)

I only burn movies and it's been pretty frustrating not being able to use the full burn speed. Is there any diagnostic program out there that would possibly be able to tell me what, if anything, is wrong with my DVD drive?