1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad burns or what? Prince of Persia, Onimusha 2

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by smackfrog, Jan 7, 2005.

1. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

I just tried to backup prince of persia: sands of time and onimusha 2. I checked swapmagicfix to see if i needed cd loader or anything and neither is listed on there. I have searched the forums here and haven't come up with much to help me. I have a ps2 v4 using ritek G04 dvd-r, using dvd decryptor burning at 2x b/c my system cannot burn at 1x apparently. Can these be backed up or am I getting bad burns or what??.. Any help is much appreciated.

2. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

I forgot to mention I am using a flip-top.. and I have also backed-up Sonic Heroes, Psi-Ops, and Ratchet and Clank Going Commando. Ratchet and Clank I actually used Ridata Dvd+r accidently but it worx, with cd loader of course. So if anyone can help with Onimusha 2 and POP: Sands of Time.. anyone.. anyone? Bueler?

Last edited: Jan 7, 2005
  3. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

i used the same media, same speed, same ps2 setup, and my prince of persia games work great (1 and 2).

4. smackfrog

smackfrog Member

Hmm.. thanx for the reply Sly. I guess I will just have to try another burn. I just don't want to go through a spindle of dvd's b4 I get a good one y'know. If anyone else knows about onimusha 2 lemme know pleez

5. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

Bad burns usually end up with games that skip and search a lot. The PS2 will make a lot of noise while it is looking for the data. BTW this is rough on the PS2 never let games that dont read well run in the PS2, take it out and either back it up again or just dont play it. If it doesnt read from the get go, you probably did something wrong somewhere or something is not compatible. Different media reacts different to various PS2 versions.

Ludikhris

6. ducatis

ducatis Guest

some ps2's read discs diferently to others. try using dif media and what program are you using to make the copies?

7. Ludikhris

Ludikhris Guest

Really the program you burn with doesnt really matter much. Its not going to make a better or worse burn from my experience. I personally use Nero and nobody could honestly say it doesnt make perfect backups.
    Ludikhris

Ive used other progs though and they all work the same. There is no protection on 99% of PS2 games so it doesnt matter what you copy with.