1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad burns?

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by PDOWNZ, Jan 21, 2008.

1. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

i have burned 3 games so far using img burn using ritek dvd+R DL one with my hitachi dvd burner on my PC and two with my optiarc dvd burner on my laptop. i bunred call of duty 4 it worked fine for like 3 dyas and now when i play it it just freezes during random spots in the game and dead rising just says "to play this game put it in a Xbox360" and gears of war that i bunred plays fine i burned both dead rising and call of duty 4 on my laptop

2. steimy

steimy Active member

run a disc ID program and see what quality the media you are using is:
    http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

As you can see on that page Ritek has disc ID's listed under both the 2nd and 3rd class media list. 2nd class and you might be ok depending on how well your burner handles that brand. 3rd class and you should just use them for something other then games.

A firmware update to your burner (if one is available) may also help with disc compatibility:
    http://forum.rpc1.org/portal.php

Also if your burner can booktype the DVD+R DL discs to DVD-ROM it may also help with compatibility.

3. PDOWNZ

PDOWNZ Regular member

damn its the 3rd class media i will buy better media next time

4. SL7Rips

SL7Rips Regular member

You Can Get a 20pk from ebay for $30 Shipped

5. steimy

steimy Active member

To be honest, i would get Verbatim 6X max DVD+R DL discs. And i would get them either at Supermediastore or Newegg which are two stores that you can trust. And where you will know you are getting exactly what you paid for.

With Verbatim you will get quality media. With brands like Sony and Ritek you never kow what you have until you get them and run a disc ID program.