1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Bad computer monitor = computer not working?...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by zubikhan, Feb 21, 2007.

1. zubikhan

zubikhan Member

All rite, My pc was acting up ( froze when playing games or video playback) i changed some settings from the bios and it seemed that my problem was solved,but it eventully did the same thing, so i thought this has to be the video card, so I bought a new one ( ATI sapphire agp 256 mg) and that did not fix it : (.. well instead of freezing when ever i executed a game it starts working fine, but then the monitor turns black and resets and the green light turns orange ( indicating that the comp is not turned on). and now when ever i try to turn on my comp it boots-up but the monitor remains black. I brought my pc in to a repair shop and the second the guy plugged my comp it turned on like nothing was wrong with it.. and the games never froze while i was there... I think this has to be a monitor problem >.<

2. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

do you have another monitor at home you can test it against?

3. zubikhan

zubikhan Member

Yeah I got one from my friend, but its still not working, i brought it back to the store, the guy said will do it for free ( since this would be my third time ) D :